I'm 4th on GOOGLE page ranking!!! I never even tried anything!

tankman1989

Reaction score
Wholly cow, I don't know what I did. I never even finished my web site, or put on my phone number b/c the site wasn't done!

How the hell could this happen? There are about 30-40 computer repair companies in my area. I only have the words "computing solutions" in the name of my company and domain.

So, does anyone what to check out what I did and what I can do to make it better? I'm going to be at least #2 if not #1 by next year!:D:D:D:D:D:D

1. your title tag has Integrity Computing Solutions.
2. your website is an EXACT MATCH domain for 'integrity computing solutions'.
3. you have integrity computing solutions in the body of the page.
4. you have 1 backlink from citadellinux.com with the words 'integritiy computing solutions' in the anchor text.

those are the 4 factors helping you right now achieve #3 rankings for the keyword 'integrity computing solutions'.

1. your title tag has Integrity Computing Solutions.
2. your website is an EXACT MATCH domain for 'integrity computing solutions'.
3. you have integrity computing solutions in the body of the page.
4. you have 1 backlink from citadellinux.com with the words 'integritiy computing solutions' in the anchor text.

those are the 4 factors helping you right now achieve #3 rankings for the keyword 'integrity computing solutions'.

I just did "manheim computer repair" and came up 4th.

How do you check backlinks?

What would be a better word to target? I have the city/town, computer and repair, all of which I do. I guess I would rather do small business support so I guess I would have to figure out how to focus on that..

What would be a better word to target? I have the city/town, computer and repair, all of which I do. I guess I would rather do small business support so I guess I would have to figure out how to focus on that..

Well there are tons of keywords you can target for traffic, but the easy ones for you would be

lancaster computer repair - 480 searches a month with low competition

it business solutions - 5,400 a month with medium competition

There are a lot more you can target, but I save those for clients. However you just need to be creative to find them.

Well there are tons of keywords you can target for traffic, but the easy ones for you would be

lancaster computer repair - 480 searches a month with low competition

it business solutions - 5,400 a month with medium competition

There are a lot more you can target, but I save those for clients. However you just need to be creative to find them.

Thanks for the info. So what would be a good place to start to learn this stuff. I know Bryce said to "stick to being the Idea man" but that doesn't pay in times like these. I HAVE lots of time to learn and the abilite and desire. I'm guessing SEO is a good start but Isee so many SEO classes and what not, many of which seem like scams.

So, could you lend any more insite here? Muchas Gracias!

Thanks for the info. So what would be a good place to start to learn this stuff. I know Bryce said to "stick to being the Idea man" but that doesn't pay in times like these. I HAVE lots of time to learn and the abilite and desire. I'm guessing SEO is a good start but Isee so many SEO classes and what not, many of which seem like scams.

So, could you lend any more insite here? Muchas Gracias!

Well classes may be great but most of the information is freely avaliable on the internet. I started with my own site and got it ranked in the top 5 for about 10 keywords and then did it again with a family friends. At that point I put it on my resume and got hired by an SEO company which is where I learned a lot. You just have to look around, but be careful. However tempting "blackhat seo" looks 9 out of 10 will get your site banned or sandboxed. Experience is the big ticket item though you need to keep up with google and find new creative ways to get backlinks to succeed.

Last edited:

Use Google Keyword Tool to generate keywords, cpc, and local frequency for your area.

These keywords and appropriate optimisation of your site and backlinks to rank for them are critical if you want to market yourself online

Also, consider Adwords, if you havent already. It will fill the gap until you're ranking organically. Be careful how you set it up though as it can be like putting money into a bonfire.

What tools to use for SEO operation. I m acurently trying Goggle Webmster tools but no's see immedite reults in reports of anyhing. How long dies it take to get goin?

Also and there other progrms which I can use to hep stmulate buines?

I have about 50uique URL's, 90% related to IT, whow should I best use these?

What tools to use for SEO operation. I m acurently trying Goggle Webmster tools but no's see immedite reults in reports of anyhing. How long dies it take to get goin?

Also and there other progrms which I can use to hep stmulate buines?

I have about 50uique URL's, 90% related to IT, whow should I best use these?

Google webmaster takes a long time on sites not getting a lot of traffic. Give it a couple of months at least.

Do you have Google Analytics installed?

If you're interested in SEO, there are better places to learn it. Join backlinksforum and warriorforum .. have a look at seobook, seomoz, seochat to get started, and read, read, read.

Be very careful about 'jumping in' as black-hat techniques can get you sandboxed or banned from Google. Do your research before trying anything along these lines

Your best bet time-wise IMO would be just to pay someone outright.

Have you PM'd Boston and Bryan to see what they charge? I havent used their services, but both have been extremely helpful to me here.... (thanks again guys) :)

Last edited:
I'm too wrapped up in ALL IT to take on other projects, i'm trying to rank for 3 brutally competitive keywords, let alone have time to work on my own site (its a huge disgusting mess right now), as well as DO THE ACTUAL IT WORK, and I don't have an SEO Company site done, so I would feel somewhat embarassed to take on clients formally.......I do recommend though that you engage someone that is going to

do

keyword research for you
competitor analysis
setup proper on page and identify potential issues with your site that you can correct yourself
do some standard linkbuilding for you -articles, directories, profile creation on forums, local seo citation creation, etc.......

its going to be frustrating for your vendor if you do some things yourself and constantly try to milk knowledge from him, but if you set some boundaries and split the work load, the vendor can do a better job quoting and delivering what you want. If you focus on building your business up and have some cash to spend you can get good results by handing everything over to a vendor.

I know that when I was starting out, I paid someone about 2k to get me ranked on the first page for my city.......I did end up scoring some solid small business clients from it and ended making QUITE a bit of money from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you are not logged into your Google account like Google Webmasters or something like that. If you are logged into your Google account, you will show really high in ranking on organic search but that is only showing to you not anyone else.

It's easier to rank for keywords that are not sought after.

I am trying to rank for the keywords IT "IT Support London", there are 12,000 local searches, and most of the competition has been in business more than 10 years. I rank number 11 now, but it's a constant battle.

I'm too wrapped up in ALL IT to take on other projects, i'm trying to rank for 3 brutally competitive keywords, let alone have time to work on my own site (its a huge disgusting mess right now), as well as DO THE ACTUAL IT WORK, and I don't have an SEO Company site done, so I would feel somewhat embarassed to take on clients formally.......I do recommend though that you engage someone that is going to

do

keyword research for you
competitor analysis
setup proper on page and identify potential issues with your site that you can correct yourself
do some standard linkbuilding for you -articles, directories, profile creation on forums, local seo citation creation, etc.......

its going to be frustrating for your vendor if you do some things yourself and constantly try to milk knowledge from him, but if you set some boundaries and split the work load, the vendor can do a better job quoting and delivering what you want. If you focus on building your business up and have some cash to spend you can get good results by handing everything over to a vendor.

I know that when I was starting out, I paid someone about 2k to get me ranked on the first page for my city.......I did end up scoring some solid small business clients from it and ended making QUITE a bit of money from them.

Yeah I have some good deals going to technibble members right now (since I know that 99% of the members have a tiny budget), but I am 100% sure you can make that money back pretty fast.

Make sure you are not logged into your Google account like Google Webmasters or something like that. If you are logged into your Google account, you will show really high in ranking on organic search but that is only showing to you not anyone else.

Is that true? Thanks, I should check it out by myself.

Back