[REQUEST] HP EliteDesk 800 G5 SFF graphics card support

Unfortunately it isn't clear from that link. I thought the HP ProDesk 600 G5 SFF would fit it too, but it turns out the PCIe x16 slot is right next to the PSU so no room for the double-width card. I'm pretty sure the 800 G5 SFF has the x16 slot in the middle of the motherboard like usual, so would fit it. I offered the customer a swap with an 800 G5 SFF for more money, but they've decided to go for a smaller card, a 2GB GT 1030 instead, which is single-width. Probably better suits the 180W PSU anyway.

The customer originally said their usage is word processing and internet use, they want a fast and reliable computer that's also small, so a ProDesk with i5/8GB/SSD/3yrNBD seemed to fit the bill (and with monitor bundle specials it's affordable enough for home use). Next day they called and said World of Warcraft runs too slow! Hopefully WOW will run sufficiently well with the GT 1030 card.

Until they play a more demanding game.
The customer is a woman in her 60s and she also plays Second Life which I believe is less demanding than WOW. The 1030 will do for the time being, and hopefully by the time she wants to run a more demanding game (if ever) there will be a GT 2030 card available to upgrade her!

Back