Resource icon

GFI MaxFocus MAV Vipre Managed Antivirus will not install

Step 4 seems to always be needed for me. Maybe partially because I always reduce the 24X7 frequency setting because it doesn't cost anymore to do so if you already hit the device charge cap.

In fact, all the steps seem to be needed to me, but I don't generally try them individually since finding the GFI procedures work. I just do them. Thanks.

Step 4 seems to always be needed for me. Maybe partially because I always reduce the 24X7 frequency setting because it doesn't cost anymore to do so if you already hit the device charge cap.

In fact, all the steps seem to be needed to me, but I don't generally try them individually since finding the GFI procedures work. I just do them. Thanks.

Thanks alluseridsrejected, I wasn't aware that GFI had that page, lol! I thought I had got some special information from a support ticket LOL. :oops:

I added the information to the Resource page and gave thanks for the link. Thanks!

Every instance of MAV failing has been resolved for us by running the fixit, and syncing again to have MAV reinstall.

I'm sure other people have had different experiences, but after over 600 installs I have to say that I'd think I would come across something by now that would be different.

And, just to clarify, if you mean step 4 as in setting the count back to 0 (I'm assuming you're referring to the PDF I uploaded) doing that alone doesn't always work.

I should also make mention of this, we always use the silent installer.

Always.

And in an Active Directory environment, we run the installer using a domain administrator, or we push the install out through GPO

phaZed submitted a new resource:

GFI MaxFocus MAV Vipre Managed Antivirus will not install - Registry changes to allow installation of GFI MAV software

Read more about this resource...

With regards to the article, this does not always work. I have had cases where I actually had to run the Microsoft Fixit tool posted by

and reboot the machine before it would allow the MAV to install. Even when the registry settings are correct, I have still had to run the fixit tool on numerous occasions. I suspect this to be registry permission issues myself.

Btw...one other way you can reset the count to 0 in the "services.ini" file is to deactivate the MAV in your remote management console and then reactivate it, which I have found to be quicker ;).

Btw...one other way you can reset the count to 0 in the "services.ini" file is to deactivate the MAV in your remote management console and then reactivate it, which I have found to be quicker ;).

I didn't think that worked ... I'll have to try it sometime.

I didn't think that worked ... I'll have to try it sometime.
Yep, it works. Just make sure when you deactivate it, click ok and exit out and go back into the settings and install it. As much as I hate the issues with the MAV install, I am still a firm believer in the viper antivirus and will be disappointed if GFI goes with Bitdefender.

Resource Update:
July 22nd, 2015:
Added red header - Applies to Vipre engine - yet to be seen if Bitdefender engine will need to apply this fix.

October 1st, 2015:
Updated red header to reflect that Bitdefender does not apply.
Applied "strikethrough" on official GFI link... it died. Good thing TN has a copy/paste of it!

Last edited:
I've got BD MAV not installing
Should I try this?

I was just thinking....one of my bitdefender endpoint licenses is about to expire and its not being used so im not renewing it. Perhaps I should make an installer and post it. Of course the product won't work without the license but I believe it will still install and may give you better details as to why its not installing.

I was just thinking....one of my bitdefender endpoint licenses is about to expire and its not being used so im not renewing it. Perhaps I should make an installer and post it. Of course the product won't work without the license but I believe it will still install and may give you better details as to why its not installing.
Cheers for the offer though no need as I have it working now, reinstalled the agent with administrative privileges. Thanks anyway.

Back