[REQUEST] Feedback Welcome

cprompt

Reaction score
So I have had tried numerous times over the years to build a website I was happy with. I've tried straight HTML coding, Joomla, and finally last week purchased the Avada WordPress Theme. I think I'm finally happy with what I have come up with.

I'd love suggestions that people have for my site. Just a piece of background information, though. I am in a very rural part of the state of Maine (about 1000 people in my town). I don't believe there is anyone else in my town offering computer repair services, and the same is true for most towns around. I think the closest computer repair location that turns up in any Google searches is about 25 miles away (to the south), and I (or my son) will travel as far as 30 - 40 miles for some of our services. It is also a somewhat economically depressed area. The median household income in my town is just under $30,000 per year.

I tell you this because I think it changes the purpose of my site. Rather than trying to convince someone to come to me, rather than to competition, I'm hoping to clearly and simply explain what I have to offer. Now, maybe that doesn't matter, but it seems to me I'm not trying to "grab" their attention to get their business instead of someone else, but rather I want them to be able to easily see what I offer.

Anyhow - here's my site: https://www.cpromptcomputers.net. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Sounds like you can do some awesome SEO and cover the whole 25 mile range in just a few blogs :)

Site looks pretty clean, simple, shows everything. I don't think I can find much to add. --maybe bigger logo? There is a bunch of white space at the top.

On your facebook page because you've your address listed there I would also go for the verified icon which will make your business more identifiable. If you're after customers I would also suggest Google Business so when people Google search and your business comes up they will see more info about you and where you're located https://www.google.com/business

For example this is me:
photo.png

Just a thought.

@callthatgirl - Yeah, I just need to actually get more visible physically. We are not on the main road, but rather at our house. Much of the county knows of me, due to 24 years teaching in the local high school, but we are still not "in the face" of everyone. We are working on being more visible on Facebook in the local Community Forum, and I'm trying to be more diligent with getting regular newsletters out in email. That's also a good suggestion about the white space - I've got to see what other options I can do in that area, as that is valuable space that I should use.

@GEGeek_ツ - I have a Google Business page, but it appears that I've got some work to do on them. Thanks for the suggestion - I've started trying to get that more up to date. I also am working on the Facebook Verification (I didn't know that option was there, so thank you!), but it's kind of tough since their automated call system doesn't know how to press 2 to talk with us! I may have to do something about sending documents, as I see that's another option.

@ZhannaB - Great catch - I hadn't noticed that. I thought the menus were just scrolling off the top of the screen, not getting buried in the color bar. I'll have to see what I can do about that.

Thanks all for the feedback!

Brian.

Back