Corsair CPU H100i Overheating

frase

Reaction score
Don't have much experience with Liquid Cooled Radiator Fans as don't find them useful.

I have a client who has a system which seems to be overheating when playing games - Apex Legends and some other game.
I don't recall these being very hardware intensive games. Was wondering the client has the radiator mounted at the top, now is there a difference in top and side mount?

I have read conflicting info in regards to either. Some say the CPU would get hotter mounted on top - due to dust etc. Though mounted at side it wont, as long as CPU is lower than hoses? I have not seen the system yet - so may be other factors involved. He is stating the GFX card is getting hot as well.

He said he had cleaned radiator - fans etc. Though am unsure of how he has setup his sys fans for ventilation.

Mine I usually -

One at Front Intake
One at Back Intake
CPU CoolerMaster AirFan with two Fans one < one >
Two Exhaust at top - expelling all hot air from inside case

This config works great for me and have no heat issues.

The client BTW tested the heat via HW Monitor.

So I may -
Stress Test see temps via CoreTemp and CPUID HWMonitor
Update GFX drivers first off then stress test again and compare results.

Was wondering the client has the radiator mounted at the top, now is there a difference in top and side mount?

If you have access to one then an infrared camera (or even a point-and-click thermometer) will tell you exactly how well the cooling system is working in each configuration. A ounce of data is worth several pounds of opinion.

But my experience is much like yours - liquid cooling is rarely necessary and is usually the sign of a troublesome client.

Last edited:
Most common problem is the cpu pump motor is not seated well on top of the CPU. If it's not flat the heat transfer is poor.

All thanks all - was a simple Thermal Compound reapplication. Took CPU Cooler off and reapplied TC - checked pump and everything while I was there - all ok.

Then I kept getting a freakn CPU FAIL error on post. I looked everywhere in system all was fine CPU_FAN connected + Pump Connected to board. Was goin crazy like beaker in the lab mememememe!

Went into BIOS and turned off CPU QFAN monitoring and went away. What a bloody pain seriously!

Booted back into Win10 - ran stress for about an hour, monitored temps, run sweet and stable around 30-40.
It was initially when I got the system running at 100!

So client happy - I am happy it is out, was one of those huge heavy TT towers. Though it had a micro/atx board in it lol...

I despise LC, I dont see the need unless your an overclocker who loves to see how far they can push a system. Myself I prefer Air Cooling - in my personal Gaming Rig I run a COOLER MASTER MA610P MASTERAIR RGB CPU COOLER DUAL 120MM FAN

Last edited:
Back