Compressing Files?

A Guy

Reaction score
Final Fantasy advent children
M2V File
3,205,875,KB

Whats a MV2 File i need to make the file size 700 MB

is there a special program i need to download

Well, you could keep packaging it into .rars over and over using WinRAR (rarlabs.com) until you get it small enough

That's not exactly going to work.
Like every lossless compressor, WinRAR only works once on a given file - repeatedly compressing it can and will actually make the file swell in size, so after two RARs you've already got a reverse effect. Same goes with any other compressors and combining them (ZIP to TGZ to RAR to ACE to 7ZIP to BZ2 to...)

As for the MV2 file... apparently it's a regular MPEG-2 file - try renaming it to <filename>.mpg and see if it will open normally under your default video player. Of course, you have to have the option of editing the extension enabled (under Folder Options).

MV2 is a raw DVD format, there is zero compression on it. WinRar will compess it but what you need to do is convert it to another format like divX or xvid to make it playable as a 700mb size.

You can try using virtualdubmod (http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net) as it has native mpeg2 support. That will open m2v for you, and you can encode.

The file will most likely require more processing than that (deinterlace, etc). In that case, get DVD2AVI, Mpeg2Dec3 and decomb avisynth plugins, and load m2v that way.

You do know i want to be able to watch Advent children on a regular DVD player right?

if its already in DVD format why do i need to change it.

at the website you cant download the orignal program ,you can only download mods,and bug fixes for it.

i',m so confused:D

A Guy said:
Whats a MV2 File i need to make the file size 700 MB
A Guy said:
You do know i want to be able to watch Advent children on a regular DVD player right?
Why not just convert it and burn it to a DVD disk rather than worry about compression? Why does it need to be 700mb if you want it to work on a DVD player?

Were u planning on trying to put it on a cd-r cause i want to let you know that wasn't gonna work...

If you use a dvd-r, u will have 4.2 gigs, so i think its not necessary

Back