Calling Canadian Companies - WSIB

carrcomp

Reaction score
So, after 3 meetings with them starting in March, WSIB has decided that we need to have WSIB insurance in our office.

Yay.

Money doesn't bother me - we're in the lowest bracket so it's only around $5-8/month. However, I am having a really hard time writing up the Health and Safety policy that they require you to have.

Anyone have a template they wouldn't mind sharing?

Hi, do you have more info on the whole WSIB process? I am an Ontario company, and although currently working alone + with contractors, I have not yet looked into this.

Well, if they are contractors and not directly working with you it's not your responsibility.

You could require your contractors to have WSIB coverage if you wanted to avoid a lawsuit.

I'd call them up and ask.

So, after 3 meetings with them starting in March, WSIB has decided that we need to have WSIB insurance in our office.

Yay.

Money doesn't bother me - we're in the lowest bracket so it's only around $5-8/month. However, I am having a really hard time writing up the Health and Safety policy that they require you to have.

Anyone have a template they wouldn't mind sharing?
Is it OK to pm this to you?

it's only around $5-8/month

LOL - when we first set up our WCB we thought it was $80 / month. It turned out it was something like yours, $10 / month.

So we started our account with a nice 8 month credit.

I was MUCH happier with $10 / month than with $80 / month =)

Back