Blue Frog

Jura

Reaction score
Anyone know if Blue Frog actually prevents spam? I seem to be getting more...

It's this thing that reports spam and complains about to somewhere.

Maybe these reviews over at Download.com will help:
http://www.download.com/Blue-Frog/3640-2092_4-10508557.html

The secret to spam prevention is to not allow spammers to get your address in the first place.

Always have a disposable email address such as hotmail that you use for forums and misc sites and another one for personal reasons such as family, friends and business.

At some point your disposable one will get into a spam list which will be sold over and over again and as soon as that happens, make another one.

Never use your non disposable one for anything other than directly sending emails and the spam bots wont get it. You might however get the occasional virus email to it though as people who have emailed you get infected and the virus sents itself to everyone on their address book (ie. You).

I've done something like that except for the whole getting a new one thing and I know about the hiding thing, I guess I'll work at it...

"Some users have reported an increase in spam after using the Blue Frog, but nobody has ever been able to demonstrate how the Blue Frog caused the increase. Neither has anybody been able to explain why the Blue Frog could cause an increase for only some, but not all users."
And, interesting...

Back