[REQUEST] Blank login boxes

ell

Reaction score
Hi so I have a MacBook pro that has a strange issue of randomly booting up to blank username and password boxes. I thought I had cleared up the issue by going in and
Going to system preferences > users and groups and clicked on login options and checked the box for name and password . That seemed to work for a while until my client got it home 😑 anybody know a permanent fix? It's possible there may have been another user account that got deleted idk

Hi so I have a MacBook pro that has a strange issue of randomly booting up to blank username and password boxes. I thought I had cleared up the issue by going in and
Going to system preferences > users and groups and clicked on login options and checked the box for name and password . That seemed to work for a while until my client got it home 😑 anybody know a permanent fix? It's possible there may have been another user account that got deleted idk
Duplicate post. I'll remove the other one.

Normally I'd say buy a Mac but you've got that covered. LOL!!!!

Seriously though. Have you tried booting into Safe Mode - holding down the shift key while booting? Flash PRAM and reset SMC?

Normally I'd say buy a Mac but you've got that covered. LOL!!!!

Seriously though. Have you tried booting into Safe Mode - holding down the shift key while booting? Flash PRAM and reset SMC?
Thanks, hadn't tried that cuz I thought I had fixed it! She just called and told me to wipe it and reload, good! don't know what the kids did, I think he may have created another account, deleted it and was using a VPN

Thanks, hadn't tried that cuz I thought I had fixed it! She just called and told me to wipe it and reload, good! don't know what the kids did, I think he may have created another account, deleted it and was using a VPN
Oh this was the keychain machine? In that case nuke and pave is really the preferred option. Several years ago I tried to sort through the whole keychain dependencies thing but quickly gave up. Once the keychain has been reset it's just a never ending string of problems. Some times several in a few days and then nothing for weeks or months. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: ell
Oh this was the keychain machine? In that case nuke and pave is really the preferred option. Several years ago I tried to sort through the whole keychain dependencies thing but quickly gave up. Once the keychain has been reset it's just a never ending string of problems. Some times several in a few days and then nothing for weeks or months. Rinse and repeat.
yup its the same &%# machine, thought I had fixed both issues, but apparently not the login problem, got a call back, hate that. Nuke and pave when it comes back tonight!

Back