backup avamark program

pcpete

Reaction score
We have a server running server 2106. Its main purpose is to run and serve the Avamark software for two vet clinics. It will not let you do a backup if any of the clients are logged into it. We are trying to figure out the best way to automate a nightly backup of the main Avamark data. We will probably contact them, but I would like to know how you guys personally manage this. What ever process we find, we were thinking uploading it to dropbox, as they have a great rewind feature to protect against crypto viruses.

We are also using Macrium to do full system backups, but we are unsure what to backup to as to protect them from crypto viruses. Short of them manually switching drives to protect them, I am not sure what else to do.

It's a DB program so all users need to be logged out. And the DB should be stopped as well before backing up. That's the generic process but many apps, including the DB app itself, may have technologies that allow backups while in use. Either way you do want to test the process periodically.

I'm sure it's not a special DB app. Just custom tables running on a common DB app such as mysql, etc. Which means scripting may be available. You can find that via running process. I did a quick look and couldn't find much publicly available so the best bet is to contact them as you mentioned. If they have an O365 subscription Onedrive has a roll back feature to recover form crypto attacks.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...ur-files-0d90ec50-6bfd-40f4-acc7-b8c12c73637f

We have a server running server 2106. Its main purpose is to run and serve the Avamark software for two vet clinics. It will not let you do a backup if any of the clients are logged into it. We are trying to figure out the best way to automate a nightly backup of the main Avamark data. We will probably contact them, but I would like to know how you guys personally manage this. What ever process we find, we were thinking uploading it to dropbox, as they have a great rewind feature to protect against crypto viruses.

We are also using Macrium to do full system backups, but we are unsure what to backup to as to protect them from crypto viruses. Short of them manually switching drives to protect them, I am not sure what else to do.
Is the software AviMark? If so they have a backup solution which runs while the system is in use.
https://avimark.net/practice-solutions/data-vault/

Datto? Though with stuff like this I usually like to do the vendor's supported method too... double the backup, never lose anything.

Back