Advertising idea

swany971

Reaction score
Right now here's where i sit with my advertising..Posting "tear-offs" in local shops along with a Bargain Newspaper that goes out each week has worked the best for me so far. I'm not talking any kind of "boom", but I've gotten a few calls each week. And both are cheap too. Starting next week I'm gonna try placing fliers underneath mailboxes in some of the wealthier neighborhoods. Something a family member of mine mentioned to me is to send out emails to local businesses offering them my service. Just thought i would pass that one along. If anyone out there has tried it..let me know if it worked?

What sort of "tear off's " do you mean? Like the piece of paper with 10 phone number tear offs? or like coupons?

From looking at your location, you might wanna double check if you are allowed to do letterbox drops in your state. Ive heard that its illegal to send any unaddressed mail in America.

I make my fliers, then cut 6-7 little strips at the bottom with my name & number. Quite a few have been taken, so I know somebody's got them, they just might be holding onto them. I used to work for a privately owned pc repair shop in Charlotte. There I did some of the advertising, and I learned that while the mailbox is off-limits, the paperbox underneath is fair game.

Advertising

The mailboxes you can usually get away with if they have a box under their mailbox to put it in (typically for a newspaper) but in some areas it is frowned upon.

As far as the e-mails to the businesses I say "no" to that. Usually they will consider it spam. Why not take time out of your schedule and actually go to those businesses in person. Put togeather a nice little packet to take into each business. Just try to go to say one business a day or so. But, for a business they would take it much more serious if you actually showed up instead of e-mail.

Back