Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > General Computer Chit-Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-03-2007, 12:14 AM

CalculationUpload is on a distinguished road
Default PC World

Just want to tell you about what happened with our family laptop we got at PC world.

My parents decided to buy a Acer Aspire 3680 from PC World and one of the reasons they purchased it because it came with a free upgrade to Vista when it was released. We was told the Vista upgrade CD would come through the post and it never came. As I am the technical one in my family I decided to contact Acer and they told me that PC World had brought all Acer Warrenties and Agreements or somthing and that I have to contact them. Do you think there is any point wasting more of my time trying to contact PC World?
Old 06-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Bryce W will become famous soon enough

Id say contact PCWorld as Acer has said straight out that PCWorld has everything. Its probably worth perusing to get a free upgrade based on the high price of Vista off the shelf.
Owner and Founder of Technibble - If you have a problem with any user, they are flaming/being elitist/making snide comments etc.. Press the report button which is on the top right of every post. This will highlight the post in an admin area for staff to see and deal with.

For adminly tasks such as username changes, moving threads etc.. please contact Martyn

Check out Technibbles twitter: http://www.twitter.com/technibble
Old 06-04-2007, 02:51 AM

MrMille is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalculationUpload View Post
Just want to tell you about what happened with our family laptop we got at PC world.

My parents decided to buy a Acer Aspire 3680 from PC World and one of the reasons they purchased it because it came with a free upgrade to Vista when it was released. We was told the Vista upgrade CD would come through the post and it never came. As I am the technical one in my family I decided to contact Acer and they told me that PC World had brought all Acer Warrenties and Agreements or somthing and that I have to contact them. Do you think there is any point wasting more of my time trying to contact PC World?
Did you record this phone call and then type it all up?
Do this and call and post PC World management, and then look
for something free, to compensate you for their BS.