Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > General Computer Chit-Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 07-15-2009, 09:16 PM

NYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of light
Default The "Whatever" guy

Just got a funny call from a guy with a messed up computer.

He first leaves a message : "Ok, I got a computer that's messed up, whatever, you know it could be anything or something with a virus whatever, I dunno, give me a call back." He leaves his number so I call him:

After my intro it pretty much goes like this:

Me: "So what's wrong with your machine"

Him: "I dunno, its not working, whatever, just started doing it like, whatever yesterday or Friday. Just, like not working and stuff, or whatever".

Me: "Well, can you give me a little bit more specific info, I mean whats wrong or what does it do or not do"

Him: "I dunno, its not working right, whatever, something just keeps doing a blue screen or a black screen, whatever".

Me: "Well you can drop it off tommorow, I will do a quick check and give you an idea what it is, I dont charge for a quick check".

Him: "Ah, tommorow is bad, dont know what I am doing, like whatever.".

Me (Ok, this guy is a tool so I just cut to the chase): "Ok, then what do you want to do"

Him: "I dunno, I will see if I have time to drop by with the machine,whatever."

I tell him the hours we are open and he just hangs up without saying goodbye.

The guy used the word "whatever" at least once in every sentence. Who the hell communicates like this. I really hope he doesnt show up or I am not going to know what the hell I am fixing.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:29 PM

ProTech Support is on the way

Interesting post or whatever

Haha, what a tool.

Technibble is a place for professionals, so lets keep it professional.

ProTech Hosting - Website Hosting, Domain Registration, & Internet Services!

Special discount on website hosting for TechNibble members, send me a message for more information!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:31 PM

NYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of light

It's so weird, it was dead all day and then we got 4 repair calls in 30 minutes, this guy was the best.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:33 PM

K007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whatever !!!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:35 PM

ProTech Support is on the way

I had one call the shop while I was on the other line. It was a really important call so I could not switch over. He ended up going to voice mail and said his computer crashed, give me a call back, etc.

About 5 mins. later I call:

Me: So what exactly is going on with your computer?

Him: I work for a big company, if you don't call back quick enough we don't bother. I already bought a new computer online. Goodbye.

Technibble is a place for professionals, so lets keep it professional.

ProTech Hosting - Website Hosting, Domain Registration, & Internet Services!

Special discount on website hosting for TechNibble members, send me a message for more information!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:42 PM

On Monday morning a lady called me and told me that her hard drive failed and she needed data recovery. But she wanted me to come to her house to do the work. I told her we do not do house-calls, but she could drop it off.

She said she herself was at work but her daughter was home with the computer and she really needed me to go to her house NOW to do the data recovery.

I told her she could find plenty of house-call type repair people, I even offered to give her the name of a few.

She almost starts crying and tells me "Nooooo....I don't want someone I dont know, I want youuuuuu..."

I say "But...you don't know me.... I mean you have never used us before either".

She says "I knowwwwww....". Which leaves me even more confused.

I say to her "I am very sorry but we do not do house calls", either she would have to find someone else or I can recommend someone that I know is good.

She gets all whiny and weepy and says "I dont know what I am going to do......" and she just hangs up.

Very weird people....
Old 07-15-2009, 09:48 PM

RevivedCS is an unknown quantity at this point

This was a funny thread. Take the time to laugh...we all need it in this business!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:03 PM

nj_computer_repair is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh dude, great post! Funny as hell!

Apple Repair | Laptop Screen Replacement | Data Recovery
Old 07-16-2009, 10:48 AM

ithinkyou5.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just hate the people who are like "my computer is being gay" "what is it doing?" "not working" "okay, but what specifically? is there an error message? is it starting?" "yeah its just being gay" "well that narrows it down :/"
Old 07-16-2009, 12:51 PM

Confused is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, this is a funny thread. I don't know what it is about computers but people cannot be specific with it. With a car a person can say they have a flat tire or the engine is smoking, but with a computer they cannot distinguish any parts or aspects of the unit at all. Yet, they ask for very detailed answers to questions that they know they won't be able to understand the answers to. People are comical!