Go Back   Technibble Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 01-18-2007, 09:32 AM

ausmar is on a distinguished road
Question Google Desktop problem

Help! When I start my PC a window opens with the title "Google Gadget Setup" and a message saying "This gadget requires at least version 5 of Google Desktop" and a button "OK". When I click OK, another window opens up saying "Invalid id" and a button "OK". When I click OK I get the first window again, and when I click OK to that, the first window opens again, and so on for 5 times before I can get rid of those windows. This is very annoying. I have tried to update my Google Desktop, but when I click the button "Update now" a window opens saying that I must restart the computer, but, having done that, the same cycle as above strarts again. I have also tried to uninstall Google Desktop, but it won't unistall. (When I click on Uninstall, I am asked if I am sure I want to uninstall; when I click yes, it immediately asks me to restart the computer to complete the installation (!), and when the computer is restarted, I am back to where I started as described at the beginning of this message. Can anyone help?