Go Back   Technibble Forums > Other Discussions > General Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-14-2009, 07:38 PM

colin12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seo

Hope this is the proper forum?
wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to help with search engine optimization?

any input greatly appreciated

http://1pcrepair.890m.com
Old 06-14-2009, 08:28 PM

terinea is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to terinea

Honestly?

No offence, but I would start again.

Start with registering and hosting the website on dedicated domain.

Jamie
Old 06-14-2009, 08:39 PM

JRDtechnet is on a distinguished road

*clicks on link*

[SIZE="7"]WTF?[/SIZE]

Computer Repair NJ
Old 06-15-2009, 12:19 AM

Daifne is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry, but that is absolutely the worst website I've ever seen for a supposedly professional business. And you're offering to build others' sites for them? Arghhhh!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:35 AM

angry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to angry_geek

I'm no web expert, but that reminds me of some of the sites from the early '90s when you would have to scroll down for an hour and filter through a whole bunch of nothing to find what you were looking for. All of a sudden, "compuserve" keeps running through my mind.

Not to offend you, but, if you're planning on doing websites and seo for a living, you might see if the area community colleges offer some night courses. Most of them do.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:30 AM
Administrator

Bryce W will become famous soon enough

I would hire a professional to do your website. I know as technicians we like to work things out ourselves, but its really like the 16 year old cousin who does tech work. Its just not the same.

To begin, the site doesnt render properly in Firefox at all, half of the links including your phone number is covered so I couldnt call you even if I wanted to.

To the right, why do I need to see the quote of the day? I just want to call you to my place to fix my computer. Thats all the information needed. Your phone number and what you do.

It is not permitted to pinch Technibbles content without any sort of reference to the author (1, 2). Actually, Google considers you the original author of that content which is really annoying. Please remove both of those articles.

As Angry_Geek said, if you are planning on doing websites and seo for a living, do some courses first.

For advertising rates, Technibble product support (questions, replacements etc..) please email: support [at] technibble.com
Old 06-15-2009, 04:11 AM

nj_computer_repair is an unknown quantity at this point

Your site has a PR of 1 and pretty good Alexa rating so obviously you have been working on SEO. Just keep doing what your doing, it's a competitive business so it will naturally take a while. As for the site, why are you on a sub-domain? I suppose you are getting free hosting. I would register a valid domain name and get hosting from godaddy. It will help! You might also want to look into some CMS software to help you with the layout of your site, or wordpress for that matter. Most of these systems have the website layout already in place, and they are FREE - all you have to do is add your content, and it looks really professional. Just remember, it doesn't matter if you show up #1 in google if the content on your site does not grab the end user.

Apple Repair | Laptop Screen Replacement | Data Recovery
Old 06-15-2009, 04:38 AM
Administrator

Bryce W will become famous soon enough

nj computer repair, that information is not quite correct. The Alexa ranking that shows up for his site belongs to 890m.com, not his site specifically. I second a CMS of some sort for his main site.

For advertising rates, Technibble product support (questions, replacements etc..) please email: support [at] technibble.com
Old 06-15-2009, 04:58 AM

tasaholic is an unknown quantity at this point

@seo I agree with the majority of the above comments- your site would have to be one of the worst I've seen.Having said that,the suggestion to take a night-course is a good one,or pay for a professional designer. Another thing that annoys the crap out of me is the poor spelling, e.g. one ad for computer repairs says something about "maddness",whatever that is...has no-one either had an education or does not know what spell-check is these days? I cannot see how such a presentation would engender any confidence in any prospective client,rather,IMHO, it would do the opposite.Take the time,spend a little...and don't put the site up until it looks professional and easy to navigate. I understand advertising pays the bill,but too much only detracts from the main purpose which is to attract customers to your business.You will get some fantastic input on here,as we all do and it's up to you what you do with that.Keep going,take some hints ,don't be afraid to learn (we all are learning everyday),and finally...don't give up! Good luck mate!
Old 06-15-2009, 05:49 AM

MM PC Solutions is on a distinguished road

I just checked the site and source!

seo is the last thing I would be looking into at the moment...