Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Guides, Tips and Tricks

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Banned

computergeek1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think i may have found the answer to my question, i posted on another post but is now closed, my friend has a HP with a duo core and 1 GB of memory, she had a problem with the hard drive, so HP put a new drive in it and a new operating system, vista ulitimite 64bit, i noticed that the system would freeze quite alot, i am now thinking the vista ulitimite 64bit is to blame. its a 32bit machine, could this cause a problem like this. i have tested the machine and all checks out fine.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:10 AM

rusty.nells is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by computergeek1 View Post
i think i may have found the answer to my question, i posted on another post but is now closed, my friend has a HP with a duo core and 1 GB of memory, she had a problem with the hard drive, so HP put a new drive in it and a new operating system, vista ulitimite 64bit, i noticed that the system would freeze quite alot, i am now thinking the vista ulitimite 64bit is to blame. its a 32bit machine, could this cause a problem like this. i have tested the machine and all checks out fine.
A 32 bit CPU cannot run a 64 bit OS, however, a 64 bit CPU can run a 32 bit OS.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:08 AM

angry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to angry_geek

That is a 64 bit machine. If she only has 1 gb ram, that is probably you're problem. Sell her a ram upgrade to 4 gb, and the machine will be like night and day difference. Memory is the cheapest and easiest upgrade.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:16 AM

hondablaster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hondablaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by computergeek1 View Post
Im not totally sure but I dont think a 64 bit OS would have any functionality. But if your have 1GB RAM and she is using 64 ultimate. Her PC is probably running slower then molasses. Do her and you a favor and back it up and install a 32bit OS using the serial on the side of the case.

That torrent link I pointed you too is clean. If you got the valid serial then just tell her you need to wipe and clean.

If your questioning the 64bit capability try using CPU-Z. You said its a Dual Core, or Core 2 Duo either way im sure they are both 64 capable.

Make a new post with your problem again so we can have a line of sight to helping you out. You HAVE to be more specific though. Im struggling to understand your total issue. Sounds like its a factory slap together hack job just to get it out of their face.

Peace.