Go Back   Technibble Forums > Other Discussions > General Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-15-2009, 08:06 PM

rockhoptec is on a distinguished road
Default New website

I have seen others do this so I thought I would throw mine out there... I am looking for advice or suggestions on my new web site layout. Still need to add more content but the basics are done.

Any input would be appreciated, and thanks for taking a look.

www.rockhoptec.com
www.rockhoptec.com
Old 05-15-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedComputerGroupInc View Post
Looks very web 2.0, good job. The only thing I can see is off the top of my head, I wouldn't know what SB services was if I were a know nothing SB owner... Just a suggestion.
Good point thanks for the heads up and will fix that, thanks for taking a moment at looking.
www.rockhoptec.com
Old 05-15-2009, 10:17 PM

dhrandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to dhrandy Send a message via Yahoo to dhrandy

Not bad. At first it's a little overwhelming. A lot of info on your opening page.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:37 AM

Starsky is an unknown quantity at this point

Website looks really good. Only suggestion here is to make the pictures of your services clickable (the ones up the top of the screen, next to your logo)

Do be careful that you dont overload users with information, the page initially looks quite "busy" but your service descriptions are short and sharp, which counters this.

Again though, very good site - did you do it all yourself? You have done a good job of having all the images follow a theme.

Starsky
Old 05-16-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
Website looks really good. Only suggestion here is to make the pictures of your services clickable (the ones up the top of the screen, next to your logo)

Do be careful that you dont overload users with information, the page initially looks quite "busy" but your service descriptions are short and sharp, which counters this.

Again though, very good site - did you do it all yourself? You have done a good job of having all the images follow a theme.

Starsky
Starsky -- thanks for the input and yes did all myself, graphics and also designed a CMS using AJAX, PHP and MySQL that runs the site.

Funny, I thought about making them clickable and just wanted to see if anyone would recommend that and you did...thanks.

Yea, the home page has a lot of information, with internals being short, the main reason is most people don't even go past the home page, if they do not see it there they usually leave. Also, because I do a little of everything it is kind of hard to only list pc repair on the home page or web design and hope that people find the other. I am split pretty equally on web design and pc repair so hence the home page is beefy with info.

Again, thanks for your input and will take your advice and utilize it.
www.rockhoptec.com
Old 05-17-2009, 03:33 AM

abe is on the way

I LOVE THE SITE GREAT WORK, AND I LOVE THE BIRD HE'S REAL CUTE.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:14 AM

LunchBox is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty nice site. It makes me want to get ridge of my free hotsed site and get a real one.

In the "about us" page there are some typos and or grammatical errors. I am not an english major so these would be obvious

We are can compete with any large firm out there and we offer very competitive pricing and stand behind everything we do.

Also a couple of words were stuck together. Maybe running spell\grammar check will fix these.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunchBox View Post
Pretty nice site. It makes me want to get ridge of my free hotsed site and get a real one.

In the "about us" page there are some typos and or grammatical errors. I am not an english major so these would be obvious

We are can compete with any large firm out there and we offer very competitive pricing and stand behind everything we do.

Also a couple of words were stuck together. Maybe running spell\grammar check will fix these.
LunchBox - Thanks for catching those typos and will fix, again thanks for taking a look.

ABES- Thanks for the comments, appreciate you taking the time to look at my site.
www.rockhoptec.com