Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Banned

computergeek1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default website review

here is my website www.scottspcservices.co.uk what do people think, i have just gone for a clean and simple design, i like it as it's better the last one i had lol
Old 04-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Methical will become famous soon enough

Nice one mate, getting better.
I'd get someone to make you a graphic for the name of your company that fits in with your colour scheme and design.

Have a play round with some more fonts, pick one that suits it more; that is not as effective as some could be..

And your link bar needs a bit of tweaking, as im sure your aware of also..

Good start Keep it up.
If you need help with coding etc, I don't mind lending a hand to help you out. It would have to be in the weekend; but I'm sure you'd rather enjoy the learning curve. Good basis for programming if your into that..
Old 04-27-2009, 09:38 AM

Andyuk2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks good but i'm no expert when it comes to websites
Old 04-27-2009, 11:48 AM

isiahw1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by computergeek1 View Post
here is my website www.scottspcservices.co.uk what do people think, i have just gone for a clean and simple design, i like it as it's better the last one i had lol
Your site seems to be down. It not loading for me.

The Computer Goons
High Quality, Low Cost PC Service & Repair
Proudly Serving Detroit
Old 04-27-2009, 12:12 PM

DanF is an unknown quantity at this point

I always try to judge hard, but it's for your own good

When I visited your website, first thing I noticed too much wording. I got lost. I'd get rid of the paragraphs in the index page. The only things I'd put in there:

- Make your visitors know that they're in the right place. Inpatient visitors, like me, tend to leave when they see all that wording. So I'd only put the following

1. Short description of your work. If possible, don't use wording, use pictures. Make it the center of attraction (bright colours etc...), so that they first look at it and know that they found what they've been looking for.

Contact information:
List your contact information, and make it easy to read... yes on the first page.

Branding:
Create your branding and use it wherever you're going to mention your business name; business cards, websites, etc... Branding is a full package including logo, name, font, colours and more. So create the website design using the same colours of your logo and the same goes for your business cards. The logo SHOULD NOT be the center of attraction, I don't care about the logo. Who cares? If I'm in the right place, I found what I'm looking for. But people tend to remember you when they see the colours on your business card, they remember your website as well, and they remember your brand... thus your service.

Link Bar:
Create a link bar, vertically or horizontally, doesn't matter. I prefer a horizontal link bar. Make them readable and make them LOOK like link buttons. Make them easy to notice what they're for. ie. don't name a button 'problem?' name it 'PC problem?' (stupid example, but that's what I thought of right now haha). Give all the details in these pages not the main page. Keep it short as possible.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:30 PM

layoric is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To wordy

Also not very 'well spoken.' "I's" aren't capitalized, other grammatical errors. Split paragraphs up more.

Nice clean header. Good feedback form. Nice paypal cart. Good use of Google map.

Layoric
Old 04-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Banned

computergeek1 is an unknown quantity at this point

the website is designed from sythasite, a free to use web builder, you are limited to website templates but this is the best i could find, wil sort the spelling out later on, i think the website looks professional and clean, i dont think there is alot of wording, thanks for the advice so far, i am no website designer and never will be, but i think this looks good,

Last edited by computergeek1; 04-27-2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: website is working, might be something your end
Old 04-27-2009, 04:46 PM

DanF is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh ok, that should give a reason to my post. Why don't you consider a web designer? Is it expensive? I don't have any ideas personally as I don't have a website and never asked a web designer for a website. But if possible I would consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by computergeek1 View Post
the website is designed from sythasite, a free to use web builder, you are limited to website templates but this is the best i could find, wil sort the spelling out later on, i think the website looks professional and clean, i dont think there is alot of wording, thanks for the advice so far, i am no website designer and never will be, but i think this looks good,
Old 04-28-2009, 02:03 AM

rtrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

I couldn't get it to download..wanted to look at the code see if you are using CSS to its fullest potential..I'll try again later..

BullDog Computer Services, LLC
Georgia
Old 04-28-2009, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Methical will become famous soon enough

@rtrahan
Here is the link to his .css source
Click Here
And to answer your question, no.