Go Back   Technibble Forums > Technical Discussions > Networking

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-05-2009, 02:36 AM

deuce7931 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Connection Problem Please Help.

I am currently having a problem where I am losing my connection when idle. I am running Windows XP service pack 3. It just started thursday night. It says I am connected but when I try to load a page or anything it wont connect. I am running cable internet. The modem for the cable says everything is fine. My connection on Pc says its connected. I am running a wireless router as well. I am currently running a Belkin wireless router I have tried two different routers same problem. I am able to connect wirelessly to the router. Just my wired PC wont connect. The only way to fix it i I have to restart the computer. I have AVG full anti-virus and firewall. That shows nothing neither does spybot or malware bytes. Have not installed any new programs for the conflict. Even tried a system restore and still nothing. Any help would be great. Thank you.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

Methical will become famous soon enough

Well done!

You've come to the right place!

I'm sure you'll be able to find a technician in your area on this forum. Just schedule an appointment and I'm sure he/she will be happy to help you solve your problem @ a competitive price.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:30 AM

LunchBox is an unknown quantity at this point

I am trying to figure out how you guys can tell this guy is not a tech.

Is it because he posted the same message twice?
Old 04-05-2009, 06:55 AM

abe is on the way

well he's speaking about his own computer, hasn't posted the things a tech would try i.e. pinging or fixes he's tried.

Abe
Old 04-05-2009, 06:59 AM

frostbyte5014 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to frostbyte5014 Send a message via Yahoo to frostbyte5014

It's really easy to see that he is not a tech. If he is, he just started. Either way we don't want to turn this into a free user support forum. Bryce mentioned a while back about setting something up so we can provide our services when someone needs it. I really don't want to see us start providing user support on here. It will destroy what we have. Bryce could easily start a new forum similar to experts-exchange but I don't think that is what everyone want's. I come on here to communicate with other Tech experts and share ideas. I think it's time for a sticky to advise users some alternatives or a contact list to find techs in their area.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:22 AM

I seen a few websites that have the pic of the tech/helper with they skill and speciallty and you can purchase you help with minutes like $25.00 gives you (I cant remember) 30 minutes of help.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:34 AM

Send a message via MSN to frostbyte5014 Send a message via Yahoo to frostbyte5014

Those sites are great, but it would totally infest this site with unwanted visitors.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:49 AM

Frostbyte,

I went to your site and you state a "icrash-resistant internet pc". Do you mind explaining what that is. I mean I can image a lock down PC, probably with local policies etc. Is this what you are referring to? Do you include additional apps to make it crash resistant?
Old 04-05-2009, 08:14 AM

I use a bootable cd for the system to boot. You can use linux or windows. Doing this will not allow the system to be infected since there is no OS. I mean it can still be infected with a cmos or bios virus but that is very rare.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:21 AM

OH yea a LivdCD good one. I read about portable windows XP but never read anything that said yup it'll work. How do you use a windows version of a Linux LivdCD.
Or I mean how do you make use?