Go Back   Technibble Forums > Technical Discussions > Software Applications

Technibble Sponsor

Old 02-11-2009, 09:56 AM

MSgherzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Windows' Wireless doesn't remember setting

I just installed a new PCI Adapter for my server so it can use wireless rather than me having to bridge the connection with my wire every time.

All drivers are installed and everything. However, Windows wireless cannot connect to my network because it says it's out of range, which it isn't because the software that Encore provided with the drivers connects to the network and I can surf the web and everything on it fine. So, when I go into Windows wireless and un-check "Let Windows configure my wireless settings" or something to that effect (so the other software can manage it) it doesn't stay that way. Windows will continue to have that checked only shortly later or when I reboot.

I'm trying to make this connect automatically when I reboot but XP still wants Windows to manage the wireless networks rather than the other software that I have. Any solutions? I've tried running CCleaner after making the change with no luck.

It's running XP Professional with SP2 and the wireless software that I'm trying to use is a REALTEK type software. But, the issue is with what Windows is doing.

Thanks in advance

TehachapiComputers.com
Facebook.com/TehachapiComputers

"Convenient, Quick, Knowledgeable Computer Repair that Guarantees to Beat the Competition!"
Old 02-11-2009, 10:03 AM

MSgherzi is an unknown quantity at this point

Never mind, problem solved. I needed to disable wireless zero configuration within the driver software.

TehachapiComputers.com
Facebook.com/TehachapiComputers

"Convenient, Quick, Knowledgeable Computer Repair that Guarantees to Beat the Competition!"