Go Back   Technibble Forums > Technical Discussions > Software Applications

Technibble Sponsor

Old 09-06-2006, 06:57 PM

zizol is on a distinguished road
Talking laptop stuck

my friend's laptop get stuck when running a program although its dual core ,when he running c++ programming and windows media player suddenly his laptop stuck while mouse still can move but cannot close the program also the song still playing, his laptop spec.
CPU=intel dual-core(1.83GHz)
RAM=1 GB RAM
GPU=G Force 7400 (256 MB)
OS=Windows XP
Hard disk= 100 GB
HP pavillion
Old 09-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Bryce W will become famous soon enough

Well since the mouse still moves and music still plays it sounds like an application is hanging rather than a total freeze (which are usually hardware related).

Does this only happen when he is using his C++ programming application? (without running WMP)
Does it only happen when he is using both C++ Programming and Windows Media Player together?

Does this happen when he does anything in particular in any program such as switching programs, compiling code, listing his mp3's etc.?

For advertising rates, Technibble product support (questions, replacements etc..) please email: support [at] technibble.com
Old 09-07-2006, 02:50 AM

Talking same

well its hanging whenever we use the program ,although after close all the program, suddenly its freeze i dont know what happen
Old 09-07-2006, 02:51 AM
Administrator

Your not really making much sense. It hangs whenever you use WHAT program? And after you close WHAT it freezes?

For advertising rates, Technibble product support (questions, replacements etc..) please email: support [at] technibble.com
Old 09-07-2006, 03:06 AM

Talking

any program that we use,suddenly the screen freeze and only the mouse can move n after wait for a minute than it can move as usual. he said that after his brother install some software into his latop thats the problem start, i asked him what software but he cannot recognise because he doesn't look what his brother is doing

Last edited by zizol; 09-07-2006 at 03:23 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:32 AM
Administrator

OK, so this happens regardless of which program is running?

How often does this happen? Every 1 minute? 5 minutes? or is it entirely random?

When it hangs, can you use the mouse to open the start menu or anything?

Old 09-07-2006, 03:52 AM

Talking

like what i said before it happens anytime dont care what program that you open and running also i have tried to close all the program and just let the normal window running , the timing is random but and the mouse still can playing around but cannot open the start button also the other program on the screen . After wait for a minute than we can open the start button and the other icon.is this the conflict between software
Old 09-07-2006, 04:14 AM
Administrator

Next time it happens, press CTRL+ALT+DEL which will bring up the Windows Task Manager.

It will have the process name, username, sessoin ID and CPU.

Look to see which process name has the highest CPU number (probably somewhere between 90- 100) whereas everything else will be 00 - 05

Old 09-07-2006, 04:40 AM

Talking

i have done before but it does not appear. for example , when it freeze i double click at windows media player icon ,it does not responding, i try open Windows Task Manager but does not responding after wait for a minute , and the window can operate normally suddenly this thing appear, it does like slow responding. When i look at LED, it show that the laptop does not have busy working ,when the cpu busy, the LED lighting right.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Does it do this in safe mode as well? To get into safe mode press F8 a bunch of times just before the Windows XP logo shows when you bootup.