Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 12-22-2008, 03:57 AM

stevenamills is on a distinguished road
Default Power screwdrivers

The concurrent discussion on starting tools reminded me of something I've been looking for.

I don't like to carry rechargeable tools, as it's a pain in the ass to keep them charged and in the case ready to go. I much prefer alkaline powered. I can just keep extra batteries.

I have a B&D screwdriver that's OK, but I really would like one with a decent clutch. Has anybody seen such an animal?

Fox Valley Computer Services
I know your probably smarter than anybody here, but please respond to the OP rather than answering the unasked question.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:54 PM

usacvlr is on the way

Miluawakee electric makes an inline cordless driver with clutch. They have them at home depot etc.

You Break It. We Fix It!
http://www.usalaptoprepair.com
Old 12-22-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usacvlr View Post
Miluawakee electric makes an inline cordless driver with clutch. They have them at home depot etc.
Thanks for the reply, but unless I'm missing something it's rechargeable. I'm hoping to find one that uses regular batteries for my on site case.

I know your probably smarter than anybody here, but please respond to the OP rather than answering the unasked question.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:50 PM

bagellad is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bagellad

why don't you get one of those charge stations or something? so you dont have to use the customer's power.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:46 PM

arrow_runner is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to arrow_runner Send a message via MSN to arrow_runner Send a message via Yahoo to arrow_runner

Or multiple batteries? The VPX screwdriver I listed in the other thread has a charging station for its battery, and you can order additional charging stations/batteries. The vpx charging stations daisy chain and lock into each other so you don't need 1 outlet per station.

I absolutely <3 my VPX Screwdriver.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow_runner View Post
Or multiple batteries? The VPX screwdriver I listed in the other thread has a charging station for its battery, and you can order additional charging stations/batteries. The vpx charging stations daisy chain and lock into each other so you don't need 1 outlet per station.
I looked at that VPX when you posted it. That's a lot for the money. I'm also a big fan of Lithium battery tools, as they have a much longer shelf life when not being used. The chaining sounds nice. This may be an answer.

Oh, does it have a clutch? I couldn't tell looking at the specs. I've become very dependent on the positive clutch of this model:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-EY62...0060069&sr=8-2

but it discharges way too fast for on-site work. On the bench - it's great.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:40 PM

arrow_runner is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to arrow_runner Send a message via MSN to arrow_runner Send a message via Yahoo to arrow_runner

No clutch. I usually only need to charge mine once every week or two. I use mine for everything. LCD/laptop screws, large case screws, building my work-bench, hanging things on the walls...

The speed and direction switches seem 'kinda' cheap. On mine it can get stuck halfway between settings sometimes, but hardly noticable at this point.

I recommended this to my friend and he loves his too. I also talked my regular IT job into getting one.

I bought it because it was small yet had the higher rpm 'drill' setting so I could take laptops apart faster.

Last edited by arrow_runner; 12-23-2008 at 06:44 PM.