Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Website Development & SEO

Technibble Sponsor

Old 07-30-2012, 06:50 PM

Asrial is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Website Protection

I'm getting ready to release my business website and I want to know what I need to do to protect it legally.

IE: someone copies my information.. I want to be able to make them stop using it AND provide proof that it belongs to me (and any other malicious situations you can think of)
Old 07-30-2012, 06:52 PM

NYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of light

Is all of the content on the site original, that is did you get ANY of it (pictures, code, frames, CSS) from any other site ?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:13 PM

Asrial is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJimbo View Post

Is all of the content on the site original, that is did you get ANY of it (pictures, code, frames, CSS) from any other site ?
Everything except pictures should be fully original.

I'm still developing it and right now an example of the pictures would be desktop/laptop images from Best Buy (basically a recommendations page where I look at the weekly sales). The image will be hosted on my site and not linked to. I also immediately link to Best Buy (and clearly indicate the computer is from Best Buy). There would also be images from Staples in the same vein. A later followup question WILL be whether this is allowed or not.

I did use some CSS generators (for things like a gradient background) if that matters.

I'm not necessarily wanting something airtight. I just want to be able to prevent people from using my wording/layout/concept without my permission and have a legal leg to stand on (IE: proof that it all belongs to me) if I need to tell them to stop.

Last edited by Asrial; 08-01-2012 at 08:16 PM.