Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Website Development & SEO

Technibble Sponsor

View Poll Results: woorank score
below 25 0 0%
below 50 5 17.86%
above 50 10 35.71%
above 75 1 3.57%
never heard of woorank 12 42.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2012, 07:15 PM

Rosco is on a distinguished road
Default woorank score- good judge of design?

one of the ways i base how well my site is dsigned is by woorank. i have gotten my score up to 54ish. is this a good judge or is there something else i could be doing... i really like my site and i redid the text for seo but i feel like i could be doing more. I has built a small following and have moved up the ranks in google but i really not enough. everyone i work with likes me(other then the crazies we all have) but if i cannot be found how can i grow?

ooo yea i use yoast wp plugin for seo and all my pages execpt a couple have green checks. i dont know if this matters but though i would mention it.

thanks everyone i appreciate any and all input.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\GO C:\PC\CRAWL
Nibbler for life
Old 07-06-2012, 07:35 PM

FoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the rough

Where do you find this overall score. Never heard of them so I went there to check my site.....

no score but lots of info (although a some of that info is incorrect, like it says I don't have analytics setup and I do... says I don't have any images on my site and I have tons... says I don't have a blog... other stuff I doubt like it says I have facebook likes and I don't have a facebook page!)

It does say my traffic estimation is extremely low (I get 9k unique new visitors / 13k visits total a month according to analytics which it says I don't have set up...) Hmm...

EDIT: oh, duh. I see the score now. It's 48

Author of d7 & d7II, and TONS of other FREE PC technician's tools. www.FoolishIT.com

Author of CryptoPrevent - Crypto/Malware prevention for any OS.

Latest free tool: dBug - Neutralize malware preventing you from running removal tools.

NEW d7II single technician pricing!

Last edited by FoolishTech; 07-06-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:27 PM

arrow_runner is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to arrow_runner Send a message via MSN to arrow_runner Send a message via Yahoo to arrow_runner

Very interesting. If nothing else this will make a fantastic checklist for the next website I build. I got a 50.8 for my score.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:38 PM

16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobscomputerservice View Post
one of the ways i base how well my site is dsigned is by woorank. i have gotten my score up to 54ish. is this a good judge or is there something else i could be doing... i really like my site and i redid the text for seo but i feel like i could be doing more. I has built a small following and have moved up the ranks in google but i really not enough. everyone i work with likes me(other then the crazies we all have) but if i cannot be found how can i grow?

ooo yea i use yoast wp plugin for seo and all my pages execpt a couple have green checks. i dont know if this matters but though i would mention it.

Its a pretty good indicator. The information's all relevant. But keep it in perspective - you dont need 100% or everything greenlit to have a perfectly good website.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:03 PM

300DDR will become famous soon enough

I don't think it's a good judge of "design" more a good judge of SEO friendliness. My site is currently 59.4. But I just saw this, which I never knew (and now I just renewed for 5 years):
"Do you know that you can register your domain for up to 10 years? By doing so, you will show the world that you are serious about your business. Plus, it is good for your SEO."
Old 07-06-2012, 11:06 PM

Mr.Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16k_zx81 View Post
Its a pretty good indicator. The information's all relevant. But keep it in perspective - you dont need 100% or everything greenlit to have a perfectly good website.
That's what I was wondering about in my last PM to you Jim. The site seems to place a lot of weight on the importance of facebook, twitter, etc. I don't rely on those so I get "dinged" for not having them. Monitoring with Google Analytics tells me my new site (Thanks again Jim!!) is doing fine thank you very much.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:07 PM

BTW… use HotSpot Shield to avoid the 1 rank per day (or week?) limit
Old 07-06-2012, 11:10 PM

Mr.Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobscomputerservice View Post

I was looking at this site earlier in the week and was impressed with the range of indicators it used. I got a score of 51.8 and was dinged for not having social media connections. I can live with out them.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
I can live with out them
But if you have them your SEO will improve (I believe).
Old 07-06-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
yea i use yoast wp plugin for seo
Thanks for this tip! Installing now for my WP page!