Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Tech-to-Tech Computer Help

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-11-2012, 09:40 PM

bytebuster is on a distinguished road
Default iPhone advice needed-screen cables and such

How do you install the screen on the 4/4S so that the little part of the digitizer cable that juts out right next to the screen back doesn't get crimped, causing the cable to snap? The digitizer cable lays on top of the LCD cable and is C shaped, with a thin strip connecting a small jutting out portion on one end (screen back end) and the connector end on the other. In my experience, the portion that juts out between the screen back and the long strip tends to get crimped between the screen back and the frame/chassis, and doesn't want to go through the slot. Pull on the cable and it snaps. How do I do this?

How many iPhone 4 phones do you fix a month as compared to 4S phones? What's your percentage of 4 phones to 4S phones?
http://www.bytebustermcr.com/
Old 06-12-2012, 02:24 PM

732914TECH is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive only installed screens on the regular 4, but when im inserting the cable i lightly hold tension on it while placing the screen into the chassis and it slides all the way through.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:30 PM

TheUrge is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytebuster View Post
How do you install the screen on the 4/4S so that the little part of the digitizer cable that juts out right next to the screen back doesn't get crimped, causing the cable to snap? The digitizer cable lays on top of the LCD cable and is C shaped, with a thin strip connecting a small jutting out portion on one end (screen back end) and the connector end on the other. In my experience, the portion that juts out between the screen back and the long strip tends to get crimped between the screen back and the frame/chassis, and doesn't want to go through the slot. Pull on the cable and it snaps. How do I do this?

How many iPhone 4 phones do you fix a month as compared to 4S phones? What's your percentage of 4 phones to 4S phones?
The key is making sure you pull the cable all the way through the midframe before putting the screws in. It will get kinked if it is not all the way through.

Both the LCD and digitizer connector will be even in length if you did it right.

Trust me I've ripped a few connectors that way when I was starting out

Last edited by TheUrge; 06-18-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:21 PM

Rob_NNCC is on a distinguished road

Yep, you have to guide the digitizer cable through before you screw it in. It will pop though noticeably when it does.

+1 on gently pulling on the digitizer cable when fitting it on to help guide it through.