Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Buy, Sell or Trade

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-24-2012, 04:59 PM

CNS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default broken tablets

I am trying to get into the tablet repair arena but going to ebay is pretty much the only site i know of to purchase them.... Only problem is that I cannot find any broken Tablets.
Any tips on how to get broken tablets to repair? Any URL's available.....
Old 05-24-2012, 06:17 PM

NYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNS View Post
I am trying to get into the tablet repair arena but going to ebay is pretty much the only site i know of to purchase them.... Only problem is that I cannot find any broken Tablets.
Any tips on how to get broken tablets to repair? Any URL's available.....
Forget ebay, people there know what stuff is worth. Try to advertise locally that you are looking to buy some broken ones, don't mention you do repairs on tablets if you are not ready. Some people have no clue and they will sell you a broken $400 tablet for $40.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:33 PM

Cornerstone Technologies will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Cornerstone Technologies

One of the things I did was advertise that I repair them. People will bring them in with smashed screens thinking that it will be cheap. The parts are decent, but many of these require the entire unit to be disassembled, which might be cost prohibitive depending on how your labor rates work. I generally do an hour of labor for most of these, which will be $49. When you give someone a price of $130 because the screen is $80, they seem to be unwilling to spend that kind of money on the lower end units. What has worked, is I typically offer something like $25 for the unit.

I know you are looking to gaining experience, but it isnt uncommon to get one of these that you have not seen before having to replace a smashed screen or whatever. If I can find a YouTube video or a guide on iFixit, then I dont worry too much.