Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Tech-to-Tech Computer Help

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-16-2012, 09:04 PM

paristotle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Outlook 2007 meeting invitations wrong time zone

The Environment: Office 2007 (SP3)connected to google apps mail running the gsync app to sync mail between google and Outlook.

The Problem: Meeting invitations have the wrong time zone information when viewed in a new window. When I receive a meeting invitation it displays the correct local time. After accepting the invitation the right times are displayed in the month view of the outlook calendar, but when I double click any meeting invitation it opens in a new window and the time zone is set to Reykjavik and time zone option is greyed out

What I tried: I verified the that correct time and time zone were set on the pc. I set google apps mail to force all users onto the correct time zone (-5.00), and I set the time zone in the Outlook->Options->Calendar options to -5.00.

I have seen a few posts mentioning the DST patch, but this is not a DST issue. The time is not wrong by one hour this way or that. The time zone is set to Reykjavik.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:08 AM

frase is on the way

Unsure if this helps in your situation, though I had a client who's invitation/reminders not sending at all.

I used the START | RUN | outlook.exe /cleanreminders command.

http://byteablesolutions.com.au/
Old 05-18-2012, 08:05 PM

I'll give it a try. I was wondering if anyone has fixed this with a DST patch? I found several articles pointing to this being the problem, but I never applied because the problem didn't seem to be with DST.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:23 PM

Tekko will become famous soon enough

From http://support.google.com/a/bin/answ...&answer=163644

Quote:
My calendar invitations aren't syncing properly

This might be because you're receiving calendar invitations that aren't in the iCal format. Check in your Gmail interface to see if the invitation email contains a winmail.dat attachment. If it does, the sender needs to modify their Outlook settings to use iCal, as follows:

In Outlook, go to Tools > Options.
On the Preferences tab, click Calendar Options.
Under Advanced options, check the When sending meeting requests over the Internet, use iCalendar format option.
Note that this setting might be disabled if you're using Google Apps Sync or if you're connected to an Exchange Server.

Events in Outlook Calendar are showing up in the wrong time zone.

In the Google Calendar interface, verify that your time zone settings are correct. Go to Settings and set both the Current Time Zone (on the General tab), then for each additional calendar, set the calendar's individual time zone (on the Calendars tab). People who invite you to meetings must do this for their calendars, too. Learn more.

Events scheduled from now on should display in the correct time zone. For previously scheduled events to display correctly, you'll have to recreate your Google Apps profile.
Have you checked these yet? I was stumped on one until I changed the Timezone in Google calendar; the PCs were all correct time.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:37 PM

I will check this on Tuesday when I see him again. Thanks for the tip. It's strange though that only one user is affected. All the other users on the domain have invitations that display the proper time and time zone. I'll post back with results. Cheers.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:07 PM

Finally it was the "OutlookTimeZoneMove.exe" that had to be applied. After that all the meeting invitations displayed the correct time.