Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Tech-to-Tech Computer Help

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-30-2012, 06:30 PM

LSB can only hope to improve

That's definitely a screen problem.
Please note, these screens were made in 2006, and they actually go bad in storage =(

Technical issue: LCD driver flex-cable is getting separated from the glass LCD matrix.
Unrepairable.

P.S. (TL)(Ax) doesn't matter for these screens. In other screens it may mean a difference between TN and IPS (i.e. (TL) vs (SL) )
Old 04-30-2012, 06:38 PM

Encrypted Existence is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSB View Post
P.S. (TL)(Ax) doesn't matter for these screens. In other screens it may mean a difference between TN and IPS (i.e. (TL) vs (SL) )
I have no idea what you said up there^^^. Can you please elaborate a bit as I would like to have a clue. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 PM

Chewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFoxComp View Post
When you call to exchange it, I would leave out the part about you twisting and flexing it
Haha, no it was the original that I was flexing.
Had noticed it flashing up as I adjusted the lid while viewing external... and played around with it a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uprighttech View Post
I'm not sure exactly what the (TL)(A2) and (TL)(A9) mean, but I know it is not a batch number and is at least somewhat significant in distinguishing that specific screen model. I always order the exact same screen model including the part in parenthesis. If you go on eBay or to a wesite like www.laptopscreen.com you will find the screen model numbers usually contain this part as well. You may not have a problem most of the time using just the first part of the number, but what can it hurt to just match the entire thing?
Most sellers (and I'm looking at 2nd user since this 1.4 Celeron unit isn't even worth that!) don't bother with the bracketed stuff. Went for this one as it was cheap and a 5 minute drive away.

Quote:
That's definitely a screen problem.
Please note, these screens were made in 2006, and they actually go bad in storage =(

Technical issue: LCD driver flex-cable is getting separated from the glass LCD matrix.
Unrepairable.

Thanks, that's great information. I can get a refund and go for an even cheaper one!
Are you like Beeteljuice - someone mentions you in a forum and you pop up with the next post? LOL
Old 04-30-2012, 06:57 PM

rsarceno will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
Up until now I have not done anything more invasive to a laptop than changing a hard drive or adding RAM so I appreciate I am a novice on them.
In the future, you might want to check ScreenCountry.com. Not the cheapest but very competitive. The have a service where you can upload the pic of the screen and laptop. Then they will give you all the compatible screen. Very important with some screen like LED because there left and right connector which is somewhat confusing depending on how your looking at it. So far all screen I order from them are good. It also comes with 3 yrs min warranty. 5yrs is also available.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:20 PM

LSB can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusted IT Solutions View Post
I have no idea what you said up there^^^. Can you please elaborate a bit as I would like to have a clue. Thanks.
Ummm, from our observations the bracketed numbers can actually make a difference in a few scenarios.
These numbers can affect the firmware versions, bracket placement, connector placement and surface finish (matte/gloss)
But typically as long as (TL) is matched the number in brackets after (TL) will not usually affect compatibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
Thanks, that's great information. I can get a refund and go for an even cheaper one!
Are you like Beeteljuice - someone mentions you in a forum and you pop up with the next post? LOL
Actually...yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsarceno View Post
In the future, you might want to check ScreenCountry.com. Not the cheapest but very competitive. The have a service where you can upload the pic of the screen and laptop. Then they will give you all the compatible screen. Very important with some screen like LED because there left and right connector which is somewhat confusing depending on how your looking at it. So far all screen I order from them are good. It also comes with 3 yrs min warranty. 5yrs is also available.
In this market prices are taken from new screens being sold on eBay. Technically ScreenCountry should be cheaper than eBay. You can even let them know if someone is selling screens cheaper on eBay provided that it is over 10 quantity, brand new, never used.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsarceno View Post
Have bookmarked both ScreenCountry and LaptopScreen for future reference.

Quote:
Ummm, from our observations the bracketed numbers can actually make a difference in a few scenarios.
These numbers can affect the firmware versions, bracket placement, connector placement and surface finish (matte/gloss)
But typically as long as (TL) is matched the number in brackets after (TL) will not usually affect compatibility.
I'm seeing quite a few with only (Ax) designation and no (TL). Steering clear to be on safer ground.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:50 PM

Thanks for the help guys. Got a refund, waited & finally got another screen at a sensible price on ebay and it's my first laptop screen fix done.