Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-29-2012, 03:49 AM

nesrinamb is on the way
Default I know that a logo is important but how important is a slogan?

Here on technibble we always see people asking about their logos but what about a slogan.

Is it as important as a logo?

My current slogan "Technology At Its Best" what it means I don't know but I like how it sounds.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:08 AM

Encrypted Existence is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesrinamb View Post
Here on technibble we always see people asking about their logos but what about a slogan.

My current slogan "Technology At Its Best" what it means I don't know but I like how it sounds.
My opinion is that if you're gonna have a slogan, it had better be a good one. I like your slogan too but it sounds like it sounds like something I would hear on an Intel commercial or something, lol.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:13 AM

nesrinamb is on the way

I also thought it sounded like an Intel commercial when I thought about it.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:50 AM

StableSolutions is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally, I think a slogan gives your company some personality and it tells people what you're all about. My company name is "Stable PC Solutions" and My slogan is "When you can't afford for it NOT to work"... Basically I setup people's stuff right the first time so they they don't have to call me... Why? Because time is money, you can't afford for it not to be working properly!
Old 04-29-2012, 03:27 PM

'putertutor will become famous soon enough

I think a slogan or tagline is equally important as a logo. But the slogan, I think, has more impact on the customer. A slogan can be parsed and analyzed, while a logo, no mater how much thought goes into it, doesn't often receive that level of inspection - its really just an image we ant our customers to associate with our company. The tagline, on the other hand, tells the customer what or how or where we do our stuff.

My tagline is Keeping Computers From Taking Over the World, and I chose it because (1) My customer base is largely older and/or less computer savvy and tends to have some fear when it comes to computers, (2) I think the humorous slant works well to alleviate some of that fear, and lastly (3) The other tech in town is a pretty grim fellow, and I wanted to differentiate myself from him.

I do like your slogan, but I also think it is a little generic, and if I didn't know you were a tech, I might think you designed or sold "technology". StableSolutions was correct when he said a slogan should give your company some personality (StableSolutions: I really like that slogan and thought process, by the way). If you are thinking of changing your slogan, you might try to think about how you want to be perceived by your customers, or what you do best and come up with a few options and pick from there.

Last edited by 'putertutor; 04-29-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:23 PM

nesrinamb is on the way

I really like all of your slogans and theirs also a lot of meaning behind both of them.

Seeing your slogans makes me want to change mine a little to give it more meaning.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:58 PM

taeknikall is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Hi,

I think this is ok but sounds more like an ad slogan for some new hardware rather than a repair center..

I choose to have "We´ll fix it" it´s different in my language but basically means that , we will do all what we can to find solution to your problem.

and that’s include to assist customer to find support if we cant provide soulution, because to many repair centers say "sorry cant help you with this problem" and customer is stuck with his problem

Of course we cant alwayse "Fix it" but we will alwayse try...
Old 04-29-2012, 05:41 PM

skdmaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Our slogan that we use on some flyers and brouchures is:

Doing I.T. right since 1987...
Old 04-29-2012, 09:40 PM

dominexsus can only hope to improve

Quote:

I actually like how it sounds too I think at the beginning of every business it is good to focus on this kind of marketing strategies but more important is getting more and more customers and please them with your services. when you are a small company, you deal with your individual customers which means you and them get each other know personally, creates more closer and friendlier relation between each other.

logo and slogan specially becomes more important when you upgrade from home base or small business to bigger size business and than it becomes more essential.

I am not saying don't bother or something, all I say it can be more important at later stage of your business and if you find better logo or slogan, you can always change them.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:53 PM

Mr.Mike is on a distinguished road

I agree with PuterTutor.

I think the key with slogans is they have to strike a chord with the person reading it. If you know your demographic, know your existing customer base and know what they love and what they hate, you can come up with a good one.

Mine is kind of general but I think works for my demographic. It happens to be: Finally! a Positive computer experience! (emphasis mine).

my 2 cents.