Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-27-2012, 01:34 AM

Slaters Kustum Machines is on a distinguished road
Default First Wordpress Site-Please Critique

Hey guys and gals I purchased the Ultimate Tech Site kit and at the title says this is my first Wordpress site (second site I have made). Please look it over and tell me what you think. First off I know I need to change the menu color, but I don't know how. I would like to reverse the colors for it. I have emailed Jim, but have not heard back yet. Thank you for looking.

Slater's Kustum Machines

Last edited by Slaters Kustum Machines; 04-27-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:40 AM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

It comes with a nice 404 page.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 04-27-2012, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCX View Post
It comes with a nice 404 page.
That's odd, replaced the link and is working now.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:51 AM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

First suggestion off the bat . . . raise your prices.

Your homepage needs help. It kinda looks like it was just thrown together. The bottom "service deliver options" would look better at the top. I would spite the services up into two columns and put them under service delivery section. The pictures on the site (microsoft and 100% service) just do not look like they belong there.

As soon as I get a moment, I will go over the rest of it.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 04-27-2012, 02:21 AM

Alright, I just refreshed the home page and it starting to look much better. Here are a few more suggestions.

Move the social bar somewhere else, it looks out of place and awkward where it is now. I like the ones that come out from the side of the screen.

If you are going to list things under your short description, you may want to break it up into three columns so that it goes the full width of the page.

These too lines are too redundant

Quote:
Cedar Rapids Computer Repair and Virus Removals.
Professional Computer Repair

Finally, the viper images look spammed on the bottom of the page as if you had nothing else to put there.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:24 AM

I agree with the social media, been having quite the time with it. I wanted it to come out form the side but couldn't get a plugin got work. I removed them for now as it is a high priority and removed the VIPRE logos.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:27 AM

Its amazing how much those two things alone helped. You need something to help break up each section.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCX View Post
Its amazing how much those two things alone helped. You need something to help break up each section.
I agree, that made a huge difference.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:35 AM

Encrypted Existence is on a distinguished road

Looks like you are on to something. It's a good start. I am no designer/developer myself but it looks like you have a good foundation to build upon. I also purchased the ultimate tech site builder. I am getting ready to begin construction soon.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusted IT Solutions View Post
Looks like you are on to something. It's a good start. I am no designer/developer myself but it looks like you have a good foundation to build upon. I also purchased the ultimate tech site builder. I am getting ready to begin construction soon.
Thanks for the kind words, have to say the few things PCX mentioned made a big difference though