Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-26-2012, 11:42 PM

Deeblu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Church Promotional Campaign

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to the forum so bear with me, actually this is my first post on the forum. I will like to ask you all opinion on a campaign I want to try out. Here it is:

I want to send a letter to seven churches letting them know that I want to provide my service to there congregation @ a nicely large discount. If this is okay with the admin or leaders of these churches, the congregation will be provided with my ad or flyer with all info on it.

What I want to accomplish with this?
1. To gain potential clients
2. To get my name out there, since I'm new on the scene
3. With quality service, this campaign can launch the word of mouth campaign
4. The campaign will be aimed to push the potential clients to my website to check out the original prices and about me (draw traffic to my site)

Dear fellow businessmen and businesswomen, I am seeking your thoughts and opinion and it will be very much appreciated. Thank you kindly!
Old 04-27-2012, 02:16 AM

StableSolutions is an unknown quantity at this point

Couple things here for you...

Since you're targeting churches and they usually have a smallish office, I would go in person and meet people rather than sending a mailer. The whole face to face is very important, especially to people in a business that focuses on PEOPLE!

I would just stop by, talk to the receptionist and try to setup a meeting with the office manager and/or business/administrative pastor (depending on the religion you're targeting these titles may be different... make sure you know what you're talking about so you don't look like a fool). Make sure you have a common-ground with these churches, (If you're a Mormon I wouldn't cater to a Catholic church for super discounts... it gets strange)

Since you're offering discounts to the "business" (The church itself) I would also extend some sort of discount to the people of the church as well just for some bonus business as well. Office people always talk.

Just a couple thoughts. =]
Old 04-27-2012, 02:34 AM

rjframe will become famous soon enough

I'm assuming the discount is only for their first service call? A permanent discount will kill you as they'll pass the word on to friends and family, who will do the same, then you end up giving the discount to people who've never heard of the church; though if you still make money on the discounted price (and you should be, or it's too much) you should be fine.

You may be able to hold free training sessions at some of the churches for their members - teach something they'll find useful and hand them business cards on their way out.

G.K. Chesterton
Old 04-27-2012, 02:40 AM

Stable PC Solution; these are some awesome thoughts, glad you replied. I think the face to face meet is good advice. Believe me there is some common-ground, this is also good advice. Again I appreciate your thoughts, thanks.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:40 AM

Encrypted Existence is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjframe View Post

You may be able to hold free training sessions at some of the churches for their members - teach something they'll find useful and hand them business cards on their way out.
That is a good idea. I am considering doing something similar and offering free training (email, ipad, etc.) at my local library in the future. I got the idea from one of the authors of the articles here.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 AM

To rjframe:
Forgive me I forgot to mention that part. This will be for a limited time only. The first service call only sounds good. But which will benefit me more; first service call only discount or a limited time discount?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 AM

indy-pc is an unknown quantity at this point

I am actually heading up a group at my church that will be kicking off in June. It all stemmed from a similar thought that I had. One of my goals, as you mentioned, was to help get my name out there and potentially gain some new clients. But, my first priority and driving force is that I want to help people and serve the community.

What started out as me approaching the Senior Minister at my church with an idea to set up a table once a month is turning into 5-6 professionals (lawyer, tax consultant, real estate agent, etc.) setting up tables once a month to offer some guidance and small services to the congregation and community. We each have a skill set and can help people in various ways.

Personally, I don't plan on setting up a mini-workbench or anything like that. I'm just going to set up a table to do some simple, low-cost things like answer computer/tech questions, offer advice, simple diagnostics, maybe a free backup onto a DVD... stuff like that.

If you have the time, it might be worthwhile to do something similar--maybe even get a multi-church event going. What you have planned sounds like a good idea, but just be careful about it turning into too much of an ad. From a spiritual and moral standpoint, I would feel a little "off" if I were trying to target and profit off of my church. Not saying that you're doing anything wrong. It would just make me, personally, feel a little weird.
Indianapolis, IN USA
Old 04-27-2012, 12:26 PM

rjframe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy-pc View Post
If you have the time, it might be worthwhile to do something similar--maybe even get a multi-church event going. What you have planned sounds like a good idea, but just be careful about it turning into too much of an ad. From a spiritual and moral standpoint, I would feel a little "off" if I were trying to target and profit off of my church. Not saying that you're doing anything wrong. It would just make me, personally, feel a little weird.
I agree. We might even get somebody throwing tables around.

G.K. Chesterton
Old 04-27-2012, 01:51 PM

StableSolutions is an unknown quantity at this point

@ Indy, This idea sounds really nice. However, I would only recommend doing this at my own home-church (The one I attend at, not a bunch of different ones).

It helps that my father was the administrative pastor for a non-denominational church that has around 1,000 members each weekend for a number of years. He actually has an engineering degree, and is 4credits short of an MBA, so he's got great business sense and is great to bounce stuff off of, helped me learn a lot!

As far as the discount is concerned... It goes both ways really. You could always make it "church specific" to churchgoers... By this I mean, offer the discount at the church office (i.e. 15% off your standard service rate) then also offer a discount that trickles down to the churchgoers with 10% off standard rates, BUT! They must present a church program from that week. (My church has study-notes that are handed out to everybody that walks in the door). Something like this would limit the discount to people actually IN the church and not just drop your rates with a "oh I heard of a discount..." deals.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:49 PM

Xander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the rough

One thing to be aware of is the tendency for some (not all) church-goers to expect to pay bottom dollar prices with maximum expectations for business transactions arranged through the church. Those folks are worse than Craigslist customers (CLers don't have the same expectations).

New here? Watch this and read this. Remember, it's not our problem, it's yours so ask your questions well.
e.g. Make/Model#, Win version/SP#, BSOD 0x#. Consider posting Event Viewer logs, Autoruns exports or Speccy reports.
More info means better answers and less snark.

Don't be parasitic and only pose your own questions. Help others.

D7 question/idea/etc? Bring it to the D7 Forums.