Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 11-04-2008, 01:35 PM

Cone is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Cone
Default Starting out

Hi Everyone

I am new here as i am currently considering setting up my own business in northern ireland and basicly I have a few questions which may or may not have been already answered, but i would like your opinions on this as you guys have the expreiance.
  • How much is a good price to charge per hour in the uk?
  • My gf and I are going out together for the first year is this a good idea (monywise considering we have £550 a month rent to pay + gas/electric)
  • is it usually good to have some stock to cross sell any recomendations?

Just forgot to ask do you guys know any wholesales in the uk?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Cone; 11-04-2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: forgot to ask something
Old 11-04-2008, 09:49 PM

bagellad is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bagellad

1. Im not sure what to charge in the UK, i would call some competitors and check out their websites and see whats going on with them.

2. I am not sure what you mean, That you both will be trying to live off 550 pounds a month? From my experience business doesn't just start to flow in, right now id consider it a part time gig. Maybe that would be a good approach for you if you have a lot of bills to pay as well.

3. Cross selling is a good idea, there have been several posts of what people bring to the site to sell, The problem is you don't want anything that is going to age to quickly if you can't offload it..
Old 11-05-2008, 08:45 AM

Cone is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Cone

Thanks for the reply.

I donít think I worded my last post very well but you answered the question anyway. What i actually meant was we are both going to work together for the first while as she will be the one that is driving, though she will be doing more than that as I have taught her almost everything I know and she is Studying A+ to try and boost her knowledge a bit.

Part time does seem like a better idea to start with as I donít want to be standing on the street a couple of months down the line with a sign saying "Will do repairs for food" lol.

Its some site they have here i think it will be really usfull when i do get started and in getting setup.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:39 PM

bagellad is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bagellad

I think it would be very difficult to cover both your expenses with a new business, any new business in any field starts out slow.. Considering any repair would require both of you, you are losing 2x the time and potential income. Stick to part time until you see how much you can bring in.