Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Cadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the rough

As raffle prizes, how about tune ups, or simple memory upgrades, any of your cheaper services. Cost is minimal, instead of raffle tickets, could you not print off some simple forms, with contact details off those who enter. That way you could also,contact them at a later date to see if they have any issues .

Nige
Cadishead Computers
Old 06-11-2012, 07:24 PM

jimbojambo is on a distinguished road

I needed raffle tickets recently and found packs of them in my local poundland store. Maybe check out if you have 1 there. I know it might be cheesy but they have other items u could get for raffle prizes. I got a couple of skype phones, ipad and iphone cases, make your own mouse mats and usb bluetooh adapters. Certainly worth a look worked well for me and went down a treat
Old 06-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the ideas. There are very strict rules on tickets so I'm going for a straight draw on the day. You wouldn't believe the conversations I had with the local council about creating my own tickets, the rules are quite complicated. Straight draw on the day is no problem. Yes maybe I need to look at the prizes. My idea is they get one of my leaflets with the discount and business card. Good idea about free tune ups Nige.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Cadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the rough

Wow, and when you think of the number of places which has a large fish bowl, and ask for bus cards etc to be left there, a small fete asking for names/addy's shouldnt cause that much of a issue..

I can understand about not having the draw on the same day, but your collating contacts.

Could you not give a leaflet/ card when they purchase a ticket?.

Nige
Cadishead Computers
Old 06-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadishead Computers View Post

Could you not give a leaflet/ card when they purchase a ticket?.
Yes that's what I'm going to do Nige.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:10 PM

frodo7200 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah,my village fete often has someone collecting names and tele numbers in case the winner isnt there for the draw (people do leave). that way you get their details for a mailing list of special offers etc. just have a form you fill in with their details and ticket number, dont see why there'd be a problem with that.
as for the prizes,WOW! you musy get an awful lot more people there than we do. I'd have thought one main prize max 50 value would be enough, but only if you're allowed to collect their info. else our top prizes are normally only worth about 10.
dont forget this is promoton for you NOT guaranteed work so extra money you're thinking of could be spent on other promotion material.
like the idea of having parts in pieces for people to touch and play with. once did one for another fundraising thing where we had free app to give out horoscopes. cheesy but ladies liked it. anything to get them round and get their info.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Well it's coming this Sunday so I'll update you afterwards. I'm hoping the weather will be good, it's going to rain all this week at least until Friday

I've managed to get a spot right next to the stand of the school I'm supporting so I should get a lot of visitors as they normally do well. It's going to be difficult to get details as I will have some people mobile selling tickets. My Smart car will be on the stand advertising plus they have a person on the mic promoting all the stands. Everyone will get a leaflet and business card who buys a ticket plus I have 5 A6 stands holding leaflets, two clipped either side of the car windows along with stands for the business cards. I decided to supply the prizes as follows, one is a Wifi Amazon Kindle and three prizes of free tune ups so we'll see how it goes.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Fingers crossed for you my friend. I would offer to come down and help you for the day, only we're at an agility comp all weekend.

If weathers bad, do you have a small pop up gazebo you coud utilise?

As small consolation prizes, how about some items from the likes of pound land etc? Abe iPad covers, iPod covers..

Nige
Cadishead Computers
Old 07-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadishead Computers View Post
Fingers crossed for you my friend. I would offer to come down and help you for the day, only we're at an agility comp all weekend.

If weathers bad, do you have a small pop up gazebo you coud utilise?

As small consolation prizes, how about some items from the likes of pound land etc? Abe iPad covers, iPod covers..
I have got a gazebo but loaned it to a couple of my Land Rover club mates who are off to Yorkshire on Sunday camping.

I might look at a few things this week as give aways.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:36 PM

Steve202 is on a distinguished road

I'm really interested in seeing how this goes as I have thought about it in the past but was always unsure.

Best of luck Martyn.