Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-06-2012, 02:13 AM

tankman1989 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Paypal payment services - Really nice setup! Check it out for invoices!

I didn't know that Paypal had such a nice package for busiensses. I setup an account (business account) and was receiving payments in an hour. It has a contact list and a fully trackable payment/invoice solution.

I know that many of you have a invoice/payment thing setup already but for those of you who are putting off accepting credit card payments this is a really easy way to get started and a lot of people have paypal accounts. It seems like a pretty inexpensive way to get a payment gateway as well. I know I don't have enough business to pay a regular monthly fee so this is the perfect solution for me ATM.

Is anyone else using Paypal for their invoicing and payment gateway?
Old 04-06-2012, 03:10 AM

StableSolutions is an unknown quantity at this point

Be weary with paypal, usually they're great for sellers but they can be rough too... Watch out for chargebacks =/ I got bit bad by paypal a while back.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:49 AM

ell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StableSolutions View Post
Be weary with paypal, usually they're great for sellers but they can be rough too... Watch out for chargebacks =/ I got bit bad by paypal a while back.
you are correct, it happened to me, a customer did a charge back because she saw paypal on her credit card, I neglected to change the default charge name to my business name. I love it though for my remote payments and business customers, I just signed up for the android mobile cc swipe when it comes! The fees will be less too than the web button I hear.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankman1989 View Post
I didn't know that Paypal had such a nice package for busiensses. I setup an account (business account) and was receiving payments in an hour. It has a contact list and a fully trackable payment/invoice solution.

I know that many of you have a invoice/payment thing setup already but for those of you who are putting off accepting credit card payments this is a really easy way to get started and a lot of people have paypal accounts. It seems like a pretty inexpensive way to get a payment gateway as well. I know I don't have enough business to pay a regular monthly fee so this is the perfect solution for me ATM.

Is anyone else using Paypal for their invoicing and payment gateway?
I've had a Paypal account for years and use it with my personal Ebay account. I also take Paypal payments on my website. I was just looking at upgrading to a business account, does that mean that all future payments on my personal Ebay purchases and sales are linked to my business?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:27 AM

DCGPX is on a distinguished road

They are linked to a degree, I just use my business email for work and a personal one for eBay.

Thing is all transactions will attract their business fees, you can't separate them. I need the CC payments so I have the business account still cheaper than any merchant I've found for what I do, and my eBay transactions personal are small most are business related.

I tried ages ago to setup a separate personal one but for some reason couldnt due to same address, you might be able to now if PayPal changed to let you
Old 04-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGPX View Post
They are linked to a degree, I just use my business email for work and a personal one for eBay.

Thing is all transactions will attract their business fees, you can't separate them. I need the CC payments so I have the business account still cheaper than any merchant I've found for what I do, and my eBay transactions personal are small most are business related.

I tried ages ago to setup a separate personal one but for some reason couldnt due to same address, you might be able to now if PayPal changed to let you
Thanks, actually i'm the same most of my transactions are business.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:29 PM

MrAlex2You is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had way too many issues with PayPal to really ever want to go back to them for any of my payment needs.

I currently use Intuit GoPayment for my CC processing needs. Frankly, I don't do too much CC processing a month to concern myself with the costs that are associated with it as most clients pay with cash or check, but I do believe that they are low.

For invoicing, I found that Billings is pretty much all that I needed. I can use it on my iPhone and iPad for ease of billing on the road (instead of toting a laptop around which I usually do anyway, but an iPad or iPhone is much more convenient).
Old 04-08-2012, 07:42 PM

Once Paypal Here arrive in UK, I'll happily sign up.

If they beat Squared to a launch they'll have a good foothold that'll be hard to beat!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:51 PM

ComputerRepairTech is a jewel in the roughComputerRepairTech is a jewel in the roughComputerRepairTech is a jewel in the rough

So far I have only been burned by paypal one time. They said a credit card payment was suspecious and put a hold on the funds stating they would contact the phone number that was provided on payment and if they didnt hear anything back from them they would automatically give them their money back. Didn't wait for a charge back they just gave the money back since the customer never called paypal back.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerRepairTech View Post
So far I have only been burned by paypal one time. They said a credit card payment was suspecious and put a hold on the funds stating they would contact the phone number that was provided on payment and if they didnt hear anything back from them they would automatically give them their money back. Didn't wait for a charge back they just gave the money back since the customer never called paypal back.
I'll admit this is a worry with Paypal, they seem to give chargebacks regardless if a service/product involved which makes it easier to be scammed BUT in our industry we are usually on-site so can gauge the client and risk involved. If look slightly dodgy then I wouldnt offer the CC option