Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Technibble Sponsor

mhelpdesk is on a distinguished road
Default Allowing customers to pay invoices online.

Problem

A common problem computer repair techs have is that they have to use several apps to run their business. Here is an email we got from Jason that describes the issue perfectly:

"We are currently using a mix of products to accomplish what your one product does. We have been using xxxxx for help desk ticketing and then xxxxx for invoicing/credit card processing. However, it can be a pain to track everything and managing everything can also be a real pain at times.

Are you guys considering adding authorize.net integration functionality to allow for users to accept credit card payments for customers thru the software? It'd also be neat if the customer could get an email with the ability to pay online. - Jason"

Solution

Mhelpdesk now allows you to track a service ticket, send an invoice, and get paid all within a single app. It's currently open for testing. Here's how it works.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:54 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

I am assuming that this will also include the ability to use a card swipe right?

Did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Are you tired of getting defective iPhone screens? Try eTech. We used to send back boxes of defective iPhone screens to WGP, now we rarely get them.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 04-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Technibble Sponsor

Hey PCX, there is no swipe right now. It is purely web-based so there is no integration with a swipe device. Although we are looking into integrating with another processor that has swipe for smart phones. But they haven't released an API yet. We are anxiously waiting.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:29 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Well, this would be a nice feature out in the field, but without a swipe, its inadequate for a shop settings. Will there eventually be a swipe feature for authorize.net?

Are you tired of getting defective iPhone screens? Try eTech. We used to send back boxes of defective iPhone screens to WGP, now we rarely get them.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 04-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Technibble Sponsor

I briefly looked over the Authorize.Net website and it does not look like they are offering a swipe machine. On the site it says: " Authorize.Net replaces the traditional credit card swipe machine"

We are hoping that another company that offers swipe capabilities releases their API soon. Then you'd be able to swipe with an Android or iOS device. But we are in waiting mode.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:19 PM

http://www.authorize.net/solutions/m...rchantaccount/

Old 04-08-2012, 06:49 AM

nightkingdoms will become famous soon enough

I'm guessing this would be Square's never-seeming-to-be-released-API. lol

You guys seem to be doing good from what I've seen online.

I use a different product that you might be interested in checking out for ideas. It's made for a completely different business industry, but I use it for that one and computer repair and works great (kind of the same premise as yours). If you want, PM me and I'll give you the address.

Tags
[sponsored]