Default Updates

fixed the Contact Me tab

Brandon's Computer Repair
Phone: (304) 745-7770
Web: My Website
Like Me on Facebook: Facebook
Old 04-15-2012, 09:40 PM

bigmike2974 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the "Brandon computer repair - proudly serving.." is way too big. Also you do not need to tell the customer that you offer "data recovery via a partner" They just need to know that you offer it.

A nice call to action would help with conversion rates. People want to know what to do next. "Call Now" or "Call Today" works well.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:37 PM

brandont is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update

I have changed my website quite a bit recently, and have implemented a lot of the changes you guys have suggested. Thanks everyone and I am always up for suggestions.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:47 PM

Chewie is an unknown quantity at this point

I know I'm just a startup, and my own site could well do with a critical eye (particularly the cheesy marquee), but there are some things about the site that make it look a little less professional to me...

The main banner you have: I would place the image behind H1 text (or create H0 in css as I did) on the page so it's no trouble to change the wording or font at a later date. The text is very large and puts me in mind of hoax emails exhorting one to not use their cellphones while they're charging and the like. The line spacing is a tiny bit off and text over an image would fix that - nothing serious, just looks a little awkward to me.

Images... I didn't see the site as others have suggested changes for, but the images are different sizes, making each page as a whole look untidy to me. Personally I would standardize the widths so they all align vertically and wrapped text then looks more uniform as well.
On the Partners page, the DriveSavers image isn't aligned with the other images along that line, nor with it's related text (as the others are). If you placed those images above their text, they'd align horizontally. The different sizes of the remaining three images makes them look untidy as well. I myself might try to fit the two banners side-by side, adding text for the WD banner, while placing the Stolen Computer Registry on it's own with the text beside it to balance out the page.

Data Recovery page: sling in some related images to break it up? I think this page could definitely do with some.
There are a couple of pages on my own site that are all text and it pains me to look at. My eyes are constantly drawn to the white space instead of my text and I'm waiting for some time with my graphic design advisor (my son LOL) to make it less bare.

Tips & Tricks: Align the image to the right and put the text to the left of it for same reason as above. It looks bare at the moment.

Like I say, I'm just a beginner so whatever I say may be well wide of positive advice. Perhaps others might agree/disagree and discuss?

EDIT: Just one more thing, I like your whole-site layout more than my own. I don't know why - perhaps as it's taken me three weeks to throw a dozen pages together.

Last edited by Chewie; 04-17-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:08 AM

brandont is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Chewie, my site is constantly changing for the good I hope!