Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 03-24-2012, 03:21 AM

Rob_NNCC is on a distinguished road
Default Touring Other TN shops

After being in business for a year, I think it would be helpful to tour non competitor's shops, talk to the owner, see how everything is laid out, look at their mobile set up, so on. So, I will open up by saying:
Any Non competitor TN member is allowed to come to our shop and talk to me and my partner, look at our truck, look at our advertising and so on. Our website is www.nncomputerconsultants.com and it has our phone number and address, please call before showing up.

MODs, if this is a bad idea, please let me know.

Thanks!

EDIT: We are 2.5 hours south of Wash DC, 2 hours east of Richmond, and 2 hours North of Norfolk. See Kilmarnock in the Northern Neck
EDIT EDIT: I am interested in shops in Richmond, Washington DC, or Norfolk

Last edited by Rob_NNCC; 03-24-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:31 AM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

I was actually thinking about something similar a few days ago. I also think it would be great to see how other shops are set up and how they run their business. Not only can you learn from other peoples success but from their mistakes as well. I especially would be interested since I never really worked in a shop before I owned my own, so I really had no reference to base my setup on.

Did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Are you tired of getting defective iPhone screens? Try eTech. We used to send back boxes of defective iPhone screens to WGP, now we rarely get them.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 03-24-2012, 12:58 PM

score444 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know there was a thread on here about a year ago where everyone was posting pictures of their shops.

Since visiting others locations will probably be impossible for 99.9% of us, why don't we try and post some pictures of our shops to get an idea of everyone's current setup. I will work on getting some pictures up this weekend.

Physically visiting others shops is an excellent idea, and I think it will be very beneficial to see each others setups and also excellent networking. You never know what kind of business relationship you can draw up just by introducing yourself to someone.

For those of us that can't physically visit stores, I think pictures would be out next best bet.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:17 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by score444 View Post
I know there was a thread on here about a year ago where everyone was posting pictures of their shops.

Since visiting others locations will probably be impossible for 99.9% of us, why don't we try and post some pictures of our shops to get an idea of everyone's current setup. I will work on getting some pictures up this weekend.

Physically visiting others shops is an excellent idea, and I think it will be very beneficial to see each others setups and also excellent networking. You never know what kind of business relationship you can draw up just by introducing yourself to someone.

For those of us that can't physically visit stores, I think pictures would be out next best bet.
yeah . . . I saw those pictures. You know what I learned? Most techs are disgusting and disorganized and most use customers computer as cigarette air filters for their shops.

Are you tired of getting defective iPhone screens? Try eTech. We used to send back boxes of defective iPhone screens to WGP, now we rarely get them.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 03-24-2012, 01:29 PM

score444 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCX View Post
yeah . . . I saw those pictures. You know what I learned? Most techs are disgusting and disorganized and most use customers computer as cigarette air filters for their shops.
I completely agree with you, a lot of it was very disgusting. I think this thread could be used more for posting pictures of shopfronts. The old thread was only workbenches. I think pictures of the entire store would be beneficial.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by score444 View Post
I completely agree with you, a lot of it was very disgusting. I think this thread could be used more for posting pictures of shopfronts. The old thread was only workbenches. I think pictures of the entire store would be beneficial.
Agreed. No offense, but I do not care to see peoples garage or in-house office setups. I would like to actually see store fronts (or hole in a walls) shops that have some level of success.

In fact, unless you want people to learn from your mistakes, do not bother posting anything if your disgusting and disorganized.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:09 PM

Rosco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCX View Post
Agreed. No offense, but I do not care to see peoples garage or in-house office setups. I would like to actually see store fronts (or hole in a walls) shops that have some level of success.

In fact, unless you want people to learn from your mistakes, do not bother posting anything if your disgusting and disorganized.

lol good one... thats why i never posted a pic of my work bench. so disorganized to the untrained eye. way to many spare parts and junk on my tables to be of help to anyone but me. lol.

i would be interested to see actual store fronts also.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\GO C:\PC\CRAWL
Nibbler for life
Old 03-25-2012, 12:01 AM

SprinterTech-WI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to SprinterTech-WI

I gotta take another video of my store when I get a few more things done (gotta install the new signage yet). and do a bit more to the benches.... here is the last video though.
This is our 3rd location in 3years.... 1 250sqft office, 1 1,000 store and now this 2,000sqft store.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150517304172870
This was taken about a week after moving in..... about 2months ago... wow time flies! still a slight mess lol.
Retail stores in Stevens Point, Wausau, and Wisconsin Rapids WI
www.SprinterTech.us
www.Facebook.com/SprinterTech

ALL IT USA LLC
Nationwide Enterprise Level Rollouts and Installations

You or someone you know need Charter Commercial or residential? Referrals pay $$ 715-204-4040
Old 03-25-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprinterTech-WI View Post
I gotta take another video of my store when I get a few more things done (gotta install the new signage yet). and do a bit more to the benches.... here is the last video though.
This is our 3rd location in 3years.... 1 250sqft office, 1 1,000 store and now this 2,000sqft store.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150517304172870
This was taken about a week after moving in..... about 2months ago... wow time flies! still a slight mess lol.
So, you work on the computers in the open?

Old 03-25-2012, 12:17 AM

seedubya has a spectacular aura aboutseedubya has a spectacular aura about

Dude, if you make it to Ireland, come on in!