Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 03-20-2012, 07:13 PM

Dameize is on a distinguished road
Default How to impress with a tablet?

So a friend of mine owns a media company and he got cold called by someone and they used an ipad to give a presentation.

i was wondering as pc techs what we can use a tablet for to promote to the customer what we are offering or for website services etc. Would you guys use it to replace your printouts you would show them?

I have a 7" android tablet so it isnt huge but im thinking I could maybe utilize it if I go cold calling.

Cheers
Old 03-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Cadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the rough

I certainly would, and do use it as both a presentation aid (backup software, and how easy it is to use etc), also use it a lot with pcrt. No printouts, everything emailed whilst on site.

Also I use it as a presentation on Dropbox etc. wouldn't be without my iPad now.

Nige
Cadishead Computers
Old 03-21-2012, 02:23 AM

Velvis is an unknown quantity at this point

What software do you use to present something to a client? Do you have any samples? Also I don't understand how that can show off backup software.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:12 AM

SuffolkComputers is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to SuffolkComputers

With dropbox installed on your iPad you can show off how dropbox works...all the documents and photos you have at your fingertips.

Also you could get one of the many office apps and create a powerpoint type presentation for pretty much anything you wanted as well. Example: Types of services provided, what they will gain from hiring you, ect.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:51 PM

techguyforyou is an unknown quantity at this point

This makes me wish my tablet had 3G instead of wifi only, using a Asus Transformer currently.

Have any of you used PDATablet to share your phone connection while on cold calls?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:06 AM

Steve202 is on a distinguished road

I use my tablet to book machines on to pcrt while on site. Customers seems to be impressed with it and its easy than carrying bits of paper around.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:47 AM

TLE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyforyou View Post
This makes me wish my tablet had 3G instead of wifi only, using a Asus Transformer currently.

Have any of you used PDATablet to share your phone connection while on cold calls?
Couldn't you tether it to you Mobile Phone, and piggy back it's 3G connection for data?

That is what I wat to do but my mobile provider hasn't enabled the windows phones to do this yet :0(
Old 03-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve202 View Post
I use my tablet to book machines on to pcrt while on site. Customers seems to be impressed with it and its easy than carrying bits of paper around.
Yep do it all the time. Do all my PCRT work onsite, invoice, receipt etc, saves doing it when you get back. Also handy for a sneaky Google when you have problems and look professional to boot(they don't see what you are doing when Googling )
Old 03-28-2012, 01:24 PM

techguyforyou is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLE View Post
Couldn't you tether it to you Mobile Phone, and piggy back it's 3G connection for data?

That is what I wat to do but my mobile provider hasn't enabled the windows phones to do this yet :0(

Yeah I've done it once, but it was a bit of a pain to set up at the time. Had to enter the ip address on the phone and tablet each time I connected as they wouldn't save for some reason. May give it another shot and try dropbox, as I can see some good uses for that also.

Glad I've switched away from windows phones, they don't get as much support appwise and seem to just run much slower from my experience.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyforyou View Post
Yeah I've done it once, but it was a bit of a pain to set up at the time. Had to enter the ip address on the phone and tablet each time I connected as they wouldn't save for some reason. May give it another shot and try dropbox, as I can see some good uses for that also.

Glad I've switched away from windows phones, they don't get as much support appwise and seem to just run much slower from my experience.
I did originally have an Ipad 1 wifi only and it was a pain. I had a Huwai portable 3G modem but just seemed to have problems. Fortunately my wife took to it for browsing at home so I got an Ipad 2. Now with the Ipad 3 out you should get an Ipad 2 cheap new or on Ebay s/h.