Go Back   Technibble Forums > Other Discussions > General Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 03-23-2012, 12:11 PM

gunslinger has a spectacular aura aboutgunslinger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to gunslinger

Quote:
Ain't indoctrination grand?

Its is a powerful tool. The Govs can have whole populations of nice hard working sheep who firmly believe they have no basic right to defend themselves or their families. Blows my mind really.

Last edited by gunslinger; 06-18-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:15 PM

Tekko will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbne View Post
I can't help but wonder, just maybe, those deaths might not have happened, if
access to an automatic(or any) weapon in the first place wasn't that easy.

Just my thoughts,
Brad.
George Pierre Hennard, the man who did the shooting in that incident, was a Merchant Marine:

Quote:
Merchant Navy (or Merchant Marine) refers to the merchant fleet of a country, which varies in capacity. Seafarers on merchant vessels, who hold various military-like ranks and responsibilities and are sometimes members of various maritime trade unions, are required by the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers to carry Merchant Mariner's Documents. King George V bestowed the title of the "Merchant Navy" on the British merchant shipping fleets following their service in the First World War, however a number of other nations have since adopted the title. The following is a partial list of the merchant navies or merchant marines of various countries.
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this man could have killed just as many people, if not more, with a simply trip to the hardware store. This man was sick, and premeditated the whole thing. Bombs aren't hard to make, especially with his background. The simple truth is the police cannot protect you from a man like this, thats up to you.

Guns or no guns, bad people do bad things to good people.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Guns or no guns, bad people do bad things to good people.
Exactly.

Give someone a large knife that they brought from home and put them in a room full of people and they can do a lot of damage, far more than an untrained person with a gun. Here is another news flash for you: Unless someone in that room has a gun or is highly skilled in disarming techniques, no one will be able to stop him.

People who believe in gun control want to believe all people are basically good and they want to blame a thing or object for the bad things people do because reality is too much for their small minds to handle.

Last edited by gunslinger; 03-23-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:17 PM

MobileTechie has a spectacular aura aboutMobileTechie has a spectacular aura about

That would explain all those mass knifings the USA is famous for...

Do you really believe that? I'm surprised.

Jared Loughner wasn't a marine, didn't appear to have a lot of training, bought his gun legally and yet still managed to do pretty well in the killing and wounding front.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion...fox11_st_N.htm

James Alan Fox professor of Criminology seems to think "It would have been nearly impossible for the Tucson gunman to kill and wound so many with a knife or his own hands". But maybe he's wrong.

I get the "right to bear arms" argument. I get the "right to defend myself" argument. What I don't get is what appears to be the sheer stubborn unwillingness to accept the downsides of mass gun ownership.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:51 PM

Everything has a downside. Its a trade off. Cigarettes have killed far more people than guns ever have and are very much a danger to innocent bystanders, but they are perfectly legal, why?
Old 03-23-2012, 09:34 PM

NETWizz has a spectacular aura aboutNETWizz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
Everything has a downside. Its a trade off. Cigarettes have killed far more people than guns ever have and are very much a danger to innocent bystanders, but they are perfectly legal, why?
Because it is a slow kill. It is perfectly legal to poison a person provided you get their consent and it is a soft kill.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:30 AM

Doctor Mouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well

Well friends, in my country you can`t have a gun legally, but more than 25,000 people are killed every year by firearms. All the bad guys here have a gun, but if you want to protect you, you canīt buy one.
Here you are naked: the bad guys rob you, and the police hurt you... its a mess.

I need a gun here, because if you donīt have one, you are in high danger, is survival friends... you can get killed just for NOT have money in your wallet when someone rob you

Sorry for my bad english
Old 03-24-2012, 02:38 AM

NETWizz has a spectacular aura aboutNETWizz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Mouse View Post
Well friends, in my country you can`t have a gun legally, but more than 25,000 people are killed every year by firearms. All the bad guys here have a gun, but if you want to protect you, you canīt buy one.
Here you are naked: the bad guys rob you, and the police hurt you... its a mess.

I need a gun here, because if you donīt have one, you are in high danger, is survival friends... you can get killed just for NOT have money in your wallet when someone rob you

Sorry for my bad english
Move to the USA then. You will be free to buy a gun, fewer people than 25,000 die a year in firearm death, and we almost surely have more people than your country (unless you live in China), and we have a ton more guns. Yeah, the criminals have guns too, but generally if you don't have any money they just rob someone else. If you have a gun they don't rob you...

The police here don't hurt you if you are nice to them. If you are rude, disagree, or film them, they will probably just tazer you or something.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:53 PM

Doctor Mouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wow

I live in Venezuela, 24 million people live here.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:10 PM

pascopc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well

I open carry the Judge in my store, it shoots 410 Shotgun shells and colt 45 HP.