Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 03-13-2012, 04:37 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice
Default Which Coupons Work Best?

I am getting ready to have about 20,000 money mailers printed and mailed out. The whole point of money mailers though (other than advertising) is coupons. I personally hate the idea of coupons, so its pretty hard for me to think outside of this box. I need some suggestions.

Which coupons work well, without killing your profit?

Which coupons have been successful for you?

Even if you have never done coupons, what kind of coupon offers do you think would work?

I appreciate any input you guys have.

Thanks.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 03-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Cadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the rough

Instead of coupons, what I have done in the past, is offer a free virus check. Note not a virus removal. Using just one scanner program, usually HMP.

This brings clients in through the door, you have all details on your database for future reference, (email shots, newsletters etc). Also whilst the machine is on the bench, gives you chance to quickly go through things, to see how you could speed it up some, with either a tuneup, or memory upgrade.

I have done these during lean months, and it does bring in some extra income.

Just an idea

Nige
Cadishead Computers
Old 03-13-2012, 05:20 PM

anglian is an unknown quantity at this point

I am thinking of coupons as well, attached to flyers so that some people may keep hold of the flyer for a while.

My first thought was 25% of anti virus, which would mean giving it away at cost, but as Nige says, it gets ahold of the clients info for later use.

Also looking for other ideas.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 PM

jimbojambo is on a distinguished road

What about an idea that coffee shops use. Have a card and stamp it each time they come in for a job (lets say to get a stamp the job has to cost a min over 50 for example) they get stamp on their card. When they get 3 or 4 or 5 or whatever stamps then they get a free tuneup or cleanup or software update???

This means they are likely to keep the card with your contact details on and if they have future probs are likely to come to you as they get a stamp. Good for parents whose kids continually visit sites they shouldnt
Old 03-13-2012, 08:10 PM

compnet will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbojambo View Post
What about an idea that coffee shops use. Have a card and stamp it each time they come in for a job (lets say to get a stamp the job has to cost a min over 50 for example) they get stamp on their card. When they get 3 or 4 or 5 or whatever stamps then they get a free tuneup or cleanup or software update???

This means they are likely to keep the card with your contact details on and if they have future probs are likely to come to you as they get a stamp. Good for parents whose kids continually visit sites they shouldnt
I don't think you want to put in your customer's mind they will be visiting your shop 4-5 times in a span short enough to keep a card for, even if its for different computers. Along those lines, I've thought about doing return discounts. But it seems if they like your service they will return, if not there's no amount of discounting that will get them to come back.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:13 PM

jimbojambo is on a distinguished road

My local garage does this. When they service my car and get a stamp i dont assume its going to break shortly just so i have to go back to get it re fixed and another stamp but its nice to know i can get something for free from them. Everyone likes to think they are getting something from you or something better in the deal.

It was simply an idea as thats what the op asked for
Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 PM

Cornerstone Technologies will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Cornerstone Technologies

I would have to agree with everyone else and move away from doing a coupon. What I have seen work here is giving away a service, like a tune up or something that can generate money. Coupons don't work in our industry because pricing can be pretty arbitrary and different across the board. That coupon basically has no value. For example, if you put on the advert Free Tune-up, then somewhere it should say something like $50 value so it has perceived value. Free Tuneups are great because chances are, most machines you could find a legit issue that needs addressed. Otherwise, you can still up sell something or gain goodwill that in the long run will garner more traffic.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:37 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerstone Technologies View Post
I would have to agree with everyone else and move away from doing a coupon. What I have seen work here is giving away a service, like a tune up or something that can generate money. Coupons don't work in our industry because pricing can be pretty arbitrary and different across the board. That coupon basically has no value. For example, if you put on the advert Free Tune-up, then somewhere it should say something like $50 value so it has perceived value. Free Tuneups are great because chances are, most machines you could find a legit issue that needs addressed. Otherwise, you can still up sell something or gain goodwill that in the long run will garner more traffic.
So, what about a free tune up with any other paid service? Conditions apply of course.

As for the punch cards. I have thought about that before, but like compnet mentioned already, the problem is that the chances of someone punching that card enough in a year or less is unlikely. However, if I could maybe apply that idea with a referral program it might work. In other words, you get a punch for every service that you pay for or that a referral pays for. Obviously you would have to keep track of that on your ticket system.

Anyways, back on actual coupons. Like I said before, I hate the idea of them, but these money mailers require it and they are good advertising.

I appreciate everyones input. Thanks.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 03-13-2012, 08:45 PM

Encrypted Existence is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCX View Post
So, what about a free tune up with any other paid service? Conditions apply of course.
I plan on including a tune up with virus removals and other higher dollar services. I plan to use D7 so that I can automate the tune up process as much as possible. Just make sure that you note on the customer's invoice that they are getting the tune up for free. Otherwise it may go unnoticed.

BTW How much does 20,000 money mailers cost to get sent out? Thanks.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by degresh View Post
I plan on including a tune up with virus removals and other higher dollar services. I plan to use D7 so that I can automate the tune up process as much as possible. Just make sure that you note on the customer's invoice that they are getting the tune up for free. Otherwise it will go unnoticed.

BTW How much does 20,000 money mailers cost to get sent out? Thanks.
For me, about $800. If I were in a bigger city, it would be cheaper due to more people using the service, thus making the printing cost cheaper.