Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 03-03-2012, 08:10 PM

tankman1989 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Most comfortable office chair - Herman Miller Aeron - What do you use?

While doing some work at a pharmaceutical company I had the pleasure of sitting sitting in these chairs for about 2 weeks. These were so comfortable that I think a person could sit in one for extended periods of time and this is coming from someone with a VERY painful back condition and extreme tailbone pain while sitting. If you are in front of a computer for extended periods of time I would highly recommend this investment ($500-$1200) and I would gladly take this over a new laptop.

I don't have one of these yet but would like one. Do any of you have any chairs which you find very comfortable?

After further research into chairs I have found this ErgoHuman chair.
http://ergohuman.com/products/Ergohu...-and-Mesh.html

Last edited by tankman1989; 03-03-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:17 PM

inlinetech is an unknown quantity at this point

I was trying to decide between the Mirra and Aeron from HM and went with the Mirra. I thought it was more comfortable. Try to find a dealer where you can sit in a few.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:10 PM

altrenda is a jewel in the roughaltrenda is a jewel in the roughaltrenda is a jewel in the rough

Wow, you get to sit down and work?
Old 03-03-2012, 11:04 PM

dbdawn will become famous soon enough

I have a $99 Office Max special that I use at my desk. I really need to get a better desk or chair because I don't maintain correct posture when sitting at the desk. I also thought about one of those standing desks, that would be something different though, it would take some time getting used to it.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:46 AM

twincountycomputers is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a chair similar to that one, but one advantage of the barter system is it only costed me $20, chair retails about $150 i think

the chair you posted looks nice and i'm sure it sits well but therse no way I would spend that much on a chair
PO Box 456
Woodlawn, Va 24381
30 Melrose Ln
Galax, Va
Old 03-04-2012, 01:55 AM

PCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by altrenda View Post
Wow, you get to sit down and work?
lol, I kinda thought the same thing. I wish I could get a minute to sit down. Even when posting these replies, I am usually standing at computer that we check our tickets on.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 03-06-2012, 05:41 PM

colonydata is on a distinguished road

i was a TA for one semester at school, and my office had one of those chairs. they shred khaki pants like crazy.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:52 PM

Dameize is on a distinguished road

In australia I had a very good paddded leather chair it was bulky but a deskchair and you could rock all the way back in it etc it was awesome... moving back to the uk my mother binned it though i was gutted... she gave me 100 pound to bin it (cost me like 200) he justification was 'its a bit tatty on the arms..' i cannot find achair for 100 similar quality they all suck this chair was a one off and I miss it. Ironically my stepdad kept the chair in australia as hes still there for another 6 month or so lol.

Im using a crappy tesco rocker media chair at the minute and need my self a new deskchair as I spend 8-13hrs a day on my pc.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:09 AM

tobey is on the way

Using a $500 UNICOR chair some government office threw out for some reason (it's probably best I don't know why...). The thing is built like a tank and it keeps me off the ground, so I guess it's ok...
Old 03-07-2012, 06:25 PM

TCP is an unknown quantity at this point

RE: Aeron

I have three of these in my home/office. They are expensive but worth it.

Always buy from a Herman Miller Authorized Reseller so that they come with the 10 year warranty. If you buy used there is no warranty.

The math works out like this, pay $900 for the chair with a 10 yr warranty (which covers everything even tears) = $90 /year Completely worth it.

Mine is seven years old and still looks and feels new.

Also, they are mesh so there is no heat buildup. You can sit in one for 8 hours and be comfortable.

TCP

Tags
hardly an -issue-, reported for moving