Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Tech-to-Tech Computer Help

Technibble Sponsor

Old 03-01-2012, 01:34 AM

whereismydrink is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dell inspiron M5110 driver problems.

Ill try to keep this short as I can. This is my first post so please be patient with me, I am new!

A client brought in a Dell inspiron M5110 and needed a re-installation of Windows 7 64-bit. Now normally Windows(and I usually hate windows) is terrific at getting things to work the way they should.
I have tried the technibble driver tool, as well as manually finding the drivers(the model is not listed on dells site, i had to search for it manually), but they will not actually WORK.

So I have the LAN, audio, display and most other important drivers working from the dell link and a little finesse, but I am having a hard time getting the wireless one to work. I have tried all 4 different sets from the dell site, as well as the driver tool on this site. That unloaded the .DLL files to my PC and I redirected them to the correct folder(system32.. right?). I tried to manually RUN them, but they dont associate with any progam.

Have never had so many problems with Windows 7 in my life, especially this kind of thing.

So in short-

Inspiron M5110 wireless driver needs to work, and I am out of ideas. Any help here would be appreciated as I would really like to get flip this PC and make another client happy!

Thanks, sorry if my post is convoluted or long-winded. Im just trying to give as much info as I can beforehand.

Nik
CTG Technician
Old 03-01-2012, 01:37 AM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

going to the dell site you need to search the drivers by using the service tag number on the bottom of the laptop. Other than that, Driver Genius works well at pulling the appropriate drivers for just about anything. Also look into drivers pack.

Did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Are you tired of getting defective iPhone screens? Try eTech. We used to send back boxes of defective iPhone screens to WGP, now we rarely get them.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"