Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 AM

venist is an unknown quantity at this point

I just did a bit of searching through the forums. I think I'm going to give a logo design a shot before doing any business cards. Thanks for the tip on the website as well.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCX View Post
The reason why I ask, is because you want everything to be as consistent as possible. Branding and recognition is important. So you may want to get a nice template that you feel best fits your company and personality and then base your card on that.
^^^^ this. You need to get your branding done and consistently. Now is the time to do it before anything gets launched so you have consistency across your shop/car/leaflets/flyers/business cards etc. Getting your wife to make a card design is not the way to go.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:31 PM

NETWizz has a spectacular aura aboutNETWizz has a spectacular aura about

I don't like it; I don't think it is very clean and neat... but then again, I am crazy and everybody tells me, "You're a nut," so it is probably just fine.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:26 PM

ComputerRepairTech is a jewel in the roughComputerRepairTech is a jewel in the roughComputerRepairTech is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by venist View Post
I just did a bit of searching through the forums. I think I'm going to give a logo design a shot before doing any business cards. Thanks for the tip on the website as well.
Yes I was just about to say this. Having the logo first is a good idea. Would you post the PSD for that business card your wife made? I would like to try something.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerRepairTech View Post
Yes I was just about to say this. Having the logo first is a good idea. Would you post the PSD for that business card your wife made? I would like to try something.
When I have a chance I'll post the file so you can check it out.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
^^^^ this. You need to get your branding done and consistently. Now is the time to do it before anything gets launched so you have consistency across your shop/car/leaflets/flyers/business cards etc. Getting your wife to make a card design is not the way to go.
The misses ended up putting it together while I was taking a nap LOL. She does have some background in using Photoshop to design things. I will try to post a link for you to see some her work. Also thanks for your input on the situation everyone, it helps quite a bit.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 PM

ComputerRepairTech is a jewel in the roughComputerRepairTech is a jewel in the roughComputerRepairTech is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by venist View Post
When I have a chance I'll post the file so you can check it out.
alright that would be fine.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:32 PM

MotzTech will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I have to disagree with your last statement. I can't vouch for his wifes graphic design prowess, but my wife designs all my cards/signs/flyers/ect and it has saved me a TON of money. Now granted she majored in graphic design and marketing in college so she knows about this stuff.

A tip venist, to start out you may want to find a color to focus on. For example I use green and it pretty much goes on anything related to my business, including:

Logo
Website
Cards
Flyers
Brochures
Postcards
Branded software
Car sign
Business Sign
Polo shirts of techs
Letterhead
Etc
Old 02-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotzTech View Post
I have to disagree with your last statement. I can't vouch for his wifes graphic design prowess, but my wife designs all my cards/signs/flyers/ect and it has saved me a TON of money. Now granted she majored in graphic design and marketing in college so she knows about this stuff.

A tip venist, to start out you may want to find a color to focus on. For example I use green and it pretty much goes on anything related to my business, including:

Logo
Website
Cards
Flyers
Brochures
Postcards
Branded software
Car sign
Business Sign
Polo shirts of techs
Letterhead
Etc
Well if your wife is a designer, or can design, great. My point was not to get someone to do one thing, go for a professional designer(and design) that can work across all the media.

When I originally had my design done I just got the logo which was great. Based on that I had business cards, logo'd shirts etc all done. When I came to putting the print in the local paper at probably 180dpi it looked all washed out. I had to darken the logo colours to look better hence I ended up with a couple of versions still on the go.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:42 PM

MotzTech will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well if your wife is a designer, or can design, great. My point was not to get someone to do one thing, go for a professional designer(and design) that can work across all the media.
That is a valid point, having one person do everything does save a lot of time and hassle.