Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 02-19-2012, 01:24 PM

Dameize is on a distinguished road
Default Leasing Leaflet Space

Ive been thinking about it and this seems completely fool proof. Normally 5k leaflets would cost about 200 pounds from a printer. I can get them online for 60. I will be delivering my own anyway so I figured well why not get double sided for 60 pound and then lease the back out?.

My plan is to split the back into 4x sections and go to the 30+ shops and sell them on renting my adspace for 50 pound delivered to 5k houses. If I sell all 4x slots thats 200 pound paying for my leaflets and giving me a 140 pound profit.

I will still get my adspace and this could become a regular side thing to my business. I would be getting 100% free leaflets and in time could pay someone to deliver them giving me permanently free advertising.

Thoughts?. The quality of my add wont be any worse as id have 1x full side to my self and if anything its more likely to be kept because of the other 4x businesses.

Thanks.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Simmy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Simmy

50 for 5000 delivered leaflets doesn't seem too bad. I think even I'd have a punt at that. But like you, I can also get 5000 leaflets printed for 60 and have all the advertising space to myself. I just couldn't be bothered to deliver them myself

You could also agree to promote each others companies. How long do you think it will take to deliver 5k leaflets. I'd bet a good few days...
Old 02-19-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
50 for 5000 delivered leaflets doesn't seem too bad. I think even I'd have a punt at that. But like you, I can also get 5000 leaflets printed for 60 and have all the advertising space to myself. I just couldn't be bothered to deliver them myself

You could also agree to promote each others companies. How long do you think it will take to deliver 5k leaflets. I'd bet a good few days...
Well around here most people pay the local printer they quoted me like 60 for 1k black and white single sided lol.

Probably a few days yeah but most houses are terrace (all joined together) making it easier :P.

Ill have to deliver my own anyway so why not get paid 140 quid to do so :P.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Simmy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Simmy

If people weren't willing to share your advertising space, you could also offer to deliver their leaflets for them. ~25 per 1000 seems the going rate. Only downside to that is you then have 2 leaflets to fumble through the letter box.

Also, don't forget the time you'll have to spend liaising between the company and the printers to get the designs right. Interesting idea though - wish I'd thought of it when I first started out and had time on my hands. Keep us posted on how it goes.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:20 PM

anglian is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be interested to know what response you get from your leaflets, it is something I am considering doing as I am also just starting up.
I am planing to have 2 leaflets made, both double sided. One aimed at the home market and one at business clients.
I am also considering having them delivered for me, 25-30 per 1000 is what I can get them delivered for (contacted local free papers for prices) and even at 30 seconds per leaflet it would take over 8 hours to deliver 1000 by hand, and I value my time at more than 3/hour. Although for businesses, a lot of office building have all their post boxes in the lobby, so it is possible to deliver by hand quite quickly.

I would expect to get about 0.5% responce rate on a leaflet drop, so maybe not that profitable but good for brand awareness

Last edited by anglian; 02-19-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:04 PM

Well all, I know a few local business owners and I will go in to say a place that has 3 competitors with the attitude of 'im leasing these adspaces and will be leasing one of them to a **say chipshop??** are you interested as first priority?'

I will also make sure I point out at even a 0.5% return how much they could potentially make with their cheapest item. I will also point out local paper rates and how much it is to get leaflets delivered and also how much it is for the actual printing of them.

Once I get my logo sorted Ill be doing this. I think i will try maybe late this week or early next week as I want to look professional and will get a custom polo first.

If I cant sell 4x adspots after visiting like 30 business I need shooting in the face.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:49 PM

anglian is an unknown quantity at this point

I would also think hard about having other advertising on your leaflets, It is something that I considered after reading your post but then I decided that the point of the flyers is to get clients for myself, and if I only have a 1/2 page on one side of a leaflet there is more chance that the leaflet will go in the bin without anyone seeing my ad. It might be better to pay to have an ad in a local free paper.
I also think it looks more professional to have a leaflet dedicated to the one business. It also allows the promotion of more services that may attract more clients.

If you decide to go for it anyway then a 2nd leaflet might be better, one for your business and one that you have sold space on to recoup your printing/delivery expenses
Old 02-19-2012, 05:07 PM

DCGPX is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameize View Post
I can get them online for 60
Care to share the company or is that a personal deal? I'd be interested at that price for about 20K
Old 02-19-2012, 05:11 PM

I would have 1x full side to my self no sharing only the back would be split between other businesses but I would still have 1x entire side to my self.

And yes, I think its printbaby on ebay they sent me some samples a while back and they were great.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:30 PM

DCGPX is on a distinguished road

Thanks, prices look reasonable. At those prices I'll put together a flyer and try and think about distribution options. I've links with Upper/High schools so might be able to get 'enterprise' resource - the local high school do this so I might commission them to design and distribute for me. Its like a business model thing they do to see who can make the most between classes. Wlecome to the real world!!

Tags
dameize's hourly thread