Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > General Computer Chit-Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 02-18-2012, 10:38 PM

mason is an unknown quantity at this point

Talk talk are really bad!

i been with post office now for about 2 years - all i can say is 100% spot on! perfect speeds and welsh call centres 24.7 and cheap 21 per month for all calls/line rental/ internet and mobile calls and aboard calls.

brilliant service so far
Old 02-24-2012, 05:25 PM

pugsport is an unknown quantity at this point

The obvious that has not yet been mentioned is that a new install or switch over from one ISP to another can take time to settle, usually around a week to 10 days, granted most do not have issues and are running great from the outset. Give TalkTalk chance to identify the problem and fix it, I think you have 30 days to cancel, use this as leverage, nobody likes loosing customers.

I have been with TalkTalk for 6 years and would reccomend them, in those 6 years I have had 3 phone and 4 broadband issues, although their tech support is in India they have provided me a first class service, their English is excellent and thier fault finding procedures they follow are perfect and escalation to the next levels of fault finding are quick.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:13 PM

anglian is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been surprised by the support I have received this week, they are calling me every day to see if there are any issues, and my broadband is working much better now.
Wish I could get BT infinity or Virgin Optic though.....
Old 02-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Cadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the rough

A local client of mine has had recent issues with TT also. His 8Mb speed supposed connection was in the region of 512k.

Numerous speed tests were completed, all showing pretty much the same thing. He contacted TT, usual checks, master socket, change the filters etc, eventually a engineer came out, ran some tests, and told him it was his internal wiring which was causing the issue, and to go wireless. So he went wireless, that was even worse. He has had a 50 fee added to his invoice for this.

Contacts TT again, another engineer calls out, and says the best thing to do, is the powerline adapters. Client orders these, and again same speed.

So he calls me, I go round, plugged everything in as normal, not using the adapters, and not going wireless. Checked the pc in safe mode networking, checked the speedtest, and it was showing as 7.92Mb, so obviously nothing was wrong with his wiring.

Checked his current program list running, and after removal of AVG of all things, his speed has gone back to normal.

Now as we know, AVG can and does slow down pc's, but I have never heard of it slowing down a BB connection before. Just something for you to think on.

Nige
Cadishead Computers