Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 02-22-2012, 09:35 PM

SprinterTech-WI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to SprinterTech-WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
Maybe I'm just an old fogie but to me these sorts of logos just don't represent a professional. I know you can quote big companies that have those sort of designs but they have a fortune to throw at promoting themselves through the media. So you create a website, business cards, flyers etc all around that design then what? You grow the company get into businesses, meetings etc and exchange cards with other professionals

It's not for me. Maybe if you just see your business around children. Just my tuppence.
x2
We recently redid our logo because ti was too complicated -
OLD:
http://sprintertech.us/ebay/SprintTechFinal.jpg

New:
http://sprintertech.us/ebay/newFrontSign2.jpg

The new one is less descriptive - but it allows better corporate branding - and we can put it on everything (it is based on a VGA port) - that image is our front sign - also has the cellular company we are an agent for on the bottom.

The other thing you have to keep in mind is sizing.... we made the mistake of having a very rectangular logo (we also made one with just the circle) the new is alot easier to fit on things when you only have a square spot.

As for professionalism - I personally don't like cutesy logos - they just drive me crazy! Not saying you can't be successful with one, just that I don't like them.
Retail stores in Stevens Point, Wausau, and Wisconsin Rapids WI
www.SprinterTech.us
www.Facebook.com/SprinterTech

ALL IT USA LLC
Nationwide Enterprise Level Rollouts and Installations

You or someone you know need Charter Commercial or residential? Referrals pay $$ 715-204-4040
Old 02-22-2012, 10:40 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
Maybe I'm just an old fogie but to me these sorts of logos just don't represent a professional. I know you can quote big companies that have those sort of designs but they have a fortune to throw at promoting themselves through the media. So you create a website, business cards, flyers etc all around that design then what? You grow the company get into businesses, meetings etc and exchange cards with other professionals

It's not for me. Maybe if you just see your business around children. Just my tuppence.
Then again, your logo looks dated back to the 90s . . . . just saying. The whole point of mascots, logos, colors, ect. is to brand your name and give people something they can recognize and immediately associate with your business. Obviously this takes time, consistency and money, but in the end if you keep at it and build a good name, it will pay for it self. Its better to start sooner rather than later.

Even though the logo / mascot looks pretty cool, I would have to agree that something similar to the green monster on Monsters Inc would have been better. But the simple fact of the matter is, you can make almost anything work with enough time and money.

Also, on the side not of you being an old fogie, this is where demographics really plays its part. If the average age of where he is located is fairly young, then his logo may appeal to them rather than the older generation. Just depends on what market he is targeting.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 02-22-2012, 11:46 PM

flightrisk is an unknown quantity at this point

It's neat looking and I like the M in the second version best, but the colors aren't great and it's more of a fat robot than a monster.

What happens when you have to shrink it down to put on an invoice, business card or if you try to get it embroidered on a shirt? Seems like it has too many tiny details.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:44 AM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCX View Post
Then again, your logo looks dated back to the 90s . . . . just saying. The whole point of mascots, logos, colors, ect. is to brand your name and give people something they can recognize and immediately associate with your business. Obviously this takes time, consistency and money, but in the end if you keep at it and build a good name, it will pay for it self. Its better to start sooner rather than later.

Even though the logo / mascot looks pretty cool, I would have to agree that something similar to the green monster on Monsters Inc would have been better. But the simple fact of the matter is, you can make almost anything work with enough time and money.

Also, on the side not of you being an old fogie, this is where demographics really plays its part. If the average age of where he is located is fairly young, then his logo may appeal to them rather than the older generation. Just depends on what market he is targeting.
Yes good point mine are mainly aged.