Go Back   Technibble Forums > Service Solutions > Remote Support

Technibble Sponsor

Old 12-29-2011, 03:52 PM

pc-rebuilders can only hope to improve
Question Limitations for Teamviewer FREE ver.

I've been looking at remote software and everybody seems to be continuously talking about Teamviewer. Just curious if anyone knows the answer, they have a free version - are there any limitations? They say it's for personal use only, noncommercial. I'm just starting out in remote support and don't have the money to spend $250- $700. I'm looking for a alternative for the time being, any suggestions I would be appreciated, thanks...
Old 12-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned

Xander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really nice

The Free version can not be used for commercial purposes (e.g. computer repair people).
Old 12-29-2011, 04:11 PM

OldSchoolPC is on the way

The only free remote-support option that is remotely (hehehe) viable is LogMeIn Free. At least, as far as legally using it for business purposes. There are MANY other options really, but I've tried a dozen others and they suck, or aren't user friendly on the client's end.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:21 PM

iisjman07 has a spectacular aura aboutiisjman07 has a spectacular aura about

You won't be able to legally use TeamViewer Free for commerical purposes, unfortunately. At the end of a free session it will show a message on both user's screens to say something like 'This free session what sponsored by TeamViewer, thanks for not using it commercially'. There are ways to get around this message, but it's not a good idea.

You can however, use LogMeIn Free for commercial purposes, which is what we use. Give the choice I would like to use TeamViewer, but I'm not going to argue with LogMeIn when it's free.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:08 PM

JAbbott is an unknown quantity at this point

If you aren't familiar with remote support tools at all I'd familiarize yourself with LMI when you are getting started so you know what features you need. There are a few softwares that you can 'rent' monthly as opposed to yearly. I may try that first. The few cheaper ones are ScreenConnect and Crossloop. There are lots of thread on these, so I'd look there to see what people prefer.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:30 PM

mason is an unknown quantity at this point

limitations for team viewer free is that after about 5 hours or so of using it you will get discounted after 2mins of using and not be allowed on for 10mins so it becomes hard to do remote support
Old 12-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Banned

Xander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really nice

Mason, you seemed to have missed the part about TV Free not being for commercial use at all. It doesn't matter if you get "discounted" after 5 hours as you can't legally use it for remote support at all.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:56 AM
Banned

gazza can only hope to improve

It is such a good program, pay for the business version and you will have paid for it in a very short time. Branding it with your business logo makes you more professional and the ability for customers to relay their password via the chat box is so convenient.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:30 PM

jr866gooner is an unknown quantity at this point

found that team viewer is meant to be good..not tested yet, is it simple to use? my parents arent great with PC's!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:00 AM

will1259 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to try LMI free then check on TV... I need to learn to use remote access....