Go Back   Technibble Forums > Service Solutions > Remote Support

Technibble Sponsor

Old 11-07-2011, 02:23 PM

Mushin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Log Me In Rescue - New Feature

LogMeIn rescue now has a new feature that allows you to install the Rescue console locally on the computer. This is a pretty nice feature.. simple but nice.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:45 PM

Xander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the rough

So, it's like how with ScreenConnect, you can keep the installer in the Toolbox folder and simply push it on the client machine to make it an Unattended?

New here? Watch this and read this. Remember, it's not our problem, it's yours so ask your questions well.
e.g. Make/Model#, Win version/SP#, BSOD 0x#. Consider posting Event Viewer logs, Autoruns exports or Speccy reports.
More info means better answers and less snark.

Don't be parasitic and only pose your own questions. Help others.

D7 question/idea/etc? Bring it to the D7 Forums.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:39 PM

Mushin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by eHousecalls.ca View Post
So, it's like how with ScreenConnect, you can keep the installer in the Toolbox folder and simply push it on the client machine to make it an Unattended?
I have never used screen connect so I am not 100% sure.

LogMeIn Rescue is subscription based billed monthly or yearly per concurrent technician. In the past you would log into the Technician console via their web site. Now you can install the technician console local and log in from there. Like I said not a real big change but it is nice to have the console outside of a web browser.

Sessions with clients are stated in varrious ways. You can send them to the LogMeIn site where the client enters a Pin number, you can create a client login to be placed on your site where no pin is needed, you can send an email with a link.. etc.

We usually give them a pin for the initial session and then install a "calling card" that allows the customer to request support simply by laucing the app on their computer.

But the new feature really on deals with having the Technician Console local on the computer so you don't have to lauch it from within a browser.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:22 AM

numnutz is an unknown quantity at this point

It just makes it a little quicker to get connected. you do not have to go online, then go to logmeinrescue.com, login, then launch the technician console. Once installed on your pc just double click on the logmein console icon, login and your ready. Only used it once so far today, not sure if it was a Coincidence or not but it did seem to connect to my client some what quicker too. To be determined though.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:34 PM
VIP

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

I tested it one day and the client said it was way quicker, I have yet to use it 100%, busy week to think of changing a process lol