Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Website Development & SEO

Technibble Sponsor

Old 09-28-2011, 07:31 PM

Computer Brainiacs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Domain buying question..

Is it worth buying all the local towns names in a domain and poitning them to my site? for example, merrickcomputerrepair.com bellmorecomputerrepair.com etc..?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:54 PM

Affix Security is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Brainiacs View Post
Is it worth buying all the local towns names in a domain and poitning them to my site? for example, merrickcomputerrepair.com bellmorecomputerrepair.com etc..?
It wouldn't hurt and could be beneficial depending on how you set them up. PM me and I can help you more personalized.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:09 PM

GeekPCSupport is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to GeekPCSupport Send a message via Skype™ to GeekPCSupport

I agree. Depending on how you set them up, it could actually help with SEO + Google ranking. The only thing you would need to keep an eye out for would be duplicate content.

Guillermo
Old 09-28-2011, 09:39 PM

16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough

Far from the most effective means to get rank. You could do this, but its an inferior method compared to a proper SEO system.

Domain name keywords are a small part of a much bigger equation.

If the pages themselves dont have rank, then I dont see much in the way of specific advantages. You may get a lift, but not as much as would be the case if they were high ranking sites to start with AFAIK

If SEO was that simple, all of the local-keywords for every industry would be sold out. The fact is there are much better ways to go about it than what you are proposing.

Last edited by 16k_zx81; 09-28-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:40 AM

DList is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No. It would make sense if you went the whole way and built a unique site on each domain and then maintain them and do SEO and link building for all these sites separately.

On the other hand, if you're buying traffic through Adwords, having a domain with a name of a town could help your click-through rate.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:58 PM

transpar3nt is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DList View Post
No. It would make sense if you went the whole way and built a unique site on each domain and then maintain them and do SEO and link building for all these sites separately.

On the other hand, if you're buying traffic through Adwords, having a domain with a name of a town could help your click-through rate.
Agreed. It can be beneficial in other areas of your business but redirecting from other domains to one end point will not improve SEO at all.

I don't suggest building a full unique site on each domain unless you have the time to manage all of them. Letting some go stagnant can be worse for your business than just having one landing site for all the domains.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:32 PM

atlanticjim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It is fine as long as you don't head too far east

P.S. Grew up in East Meadow.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:37 AM

AdamC is an unknown quantity at this point

I tend to disagree with the other commentors here...

Setting up landing pages on your main domain is far more advantagous as techniques such as inlinking can help spread the "Google juice" between pages saving time trying to build up each sites rankings.

Example:
computerrepair.com/bellmore.html
computerrepair.com/merrick.html

Then optimize each page's h, meta, a, tags etc.
It will, in the long run, save time as building up each page will help the others on your site.