Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Tech-to-Tech Computer Help

Technibble Sponsor

Old 09-20-2011, 08:18 PM

waynerp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Asus X5DIJ MOBO or BIOS issue

Hi All

While i am trying to gain experience i have been purchasing a few faulty laptops from ebay.
I have a Asus Core2duo X5DIJ laptop, that has been dropped.
it has a smashed screen, and booted to bios.
before spending any more money on it, i wanted to make sure everything else was ok, so put in my own ram and hard drive.
i tried to install XP, and during installation got an error. stupidly i didnt write it down, and had a quick look online, and vaguely remember something about SCSI.
i didn't pay much attention and then tried to install vista, with the same result.
i left it for a day and then decided to reset the bios, along with changing the bios battery. after doing this i am getting nothing but a black screen, i cant get into the bios.

does anyne have any idea why this has happened?
and can you tell me if the motherboard post test cards are any good? is it something a technician uses? i am clearly showing my in experience, but am finding it difficult where to start looking when an issue arrises with a laptop that i am unfamiliar with, and was wandering if these post test cards are any good?
many thanks
waynerp
Old 09-20-2011, 08:26 PM

Slaters Kustum Machines is on a distinguished road

Is the screen UN-readable or just broke and still useable? There is generally some sort of FN key + another key to switch video ports. Such as pressing the FN key + a "given" key once will get you onboard screen, press the combination again and get external video and press the keys one more time to get both forms of video. Just a thought but maybe the laptop is trying to use the external view where there is no monitor or maybe you have an external monitor hooked up but the internal monitor is set to be used but completely unusuable.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:39 PM

waynerp is an unknown quantity at this point

worked like a charm
many thanks Adam